Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Bear Permits Coming!!!

Old 11-18-2004, 02:53 PM

Default NJ Bear Permits Coming!!!

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/bearseas04.htm

Bear Permit Applications

The bear hunting permit application received through the mail are being processed and qualified applicants that completed the mandatory training session in 2003 will receive their bear hunting permits in the mail the week of November 29.

Applicants that did not complete the mandatory training session in 2003 must attend training sessions beginning November 21 in order to obtain a bear hunting permit.

Hunters that have not yet filed an application may do so according to the following instructions.

Hunters that did not complete the mandatory training in 2003 can submit an application at the mandatory training sessions. Applications are available on the Division of Fish and Wildlife website and will be available at the training sessions.

Hunters that completed the mandatory training and received a 2003 bear hunting permit may apply and obtain a permit from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Sussex County Fairgrounds on November 21. Hunters must provide a hunting license valid for the 2004 hunting season to obtain a permit at these locations.

Hunters that completed the mandatory training and received a 2003 bear hunting permit may also apply and obtain a permit during the hours of 9:00 am to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Division of Fish and Wildlife’s Northern, Central and Southern Region Offices, Trenton headquarters or the Pequest Trout Hatchery on November 29 and 30 and December 1, 2, 3. Hunters must provide a hunting license valid for the 2004 hunting season to obtain a permit at these locations.

Mandatory Training Sessions

November 21 at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. Sessions at 9:00 am and 1:00 p.m. These training sessions are open to those hunters that have already applied for a permit through the mail and those hunters that wish to apply and did not complete the mandatory training in 2003.

November 29 at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the Pequest Trout Hatchery in Warren County. Open to those hunters that have already applied for a permit through the mail and those hunters that wish to apply and did not complete the mandatory training in 2003. NOTE: Hunters must register for the November 29 sessions by calling (856) 629-0552. If the sessions on November 29 are filled, additional sessions will be held, as needed, on November 30 through December 3 at the Pequest location.

December 4at the Rutgers Cook College Campus Center at 9:00 am and 1:00 p.m. If the number of permits issued prior to December 4 is close to the 10,000 permit limit, these sessions may be limited to those that applied for a permit through the mail by October 30. If a sufficient number of permits are still available these sessions will be open to walk-in applicants on a first come first served basis.

*** NOTE: The steps outlined above are subject to change depending on the Supreme Court review of the Appellate Court decision. Also, an Appellate Court case is being heard on November 18, 2004 on the closure of state lands assigned to DEP to bear hunting.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:55 PM

Default RE: NJ Bear Permits Coming!!!

I am probably (gotta double check with the wife) going Sunday morning. Anyone want to meet up?
Old 11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to take the course I would meet up with you.....But I'll wait for the mailman to give me my permit
Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
jbc

I'll be there Sunday. Come and say hello.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:47 PM

Hopefully Sunday morning 9 AM. I'll be dressed in "normal" clothes...not all "camo'd" out.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I took the bear seminar course down in Seacauses, Its amazing that these jerks all came dressed in camo, like they where goin hunting right there and now. Some of the questions that where asked, if it was up to me I would take away those guys hunting licenses. One guy asked the Game Warden this question: "If I shoot a bear, can I set off a flair gun to get help?" I yelled out "Yeah and the Coast Guard will come and help you !!!!" It just goes to show how stupid some, but not all people are.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:14 PM
jbc

Nothing wrong with wearing camo. Wear it with pride. Keep it clean and be polite and courteous. (although I have different camo for actually hunting)
Old 11-21-2004, 04:23 AM

I am up early today (probably from waking up early for bow hunting). I'll be heading up to the Sussex County Fairgrounds. Hopefully, the mandatory bear course does NOT take all morning.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe it tookabout 3-4 hrs last year. But the place was packed and I est. over 500 hunters for the one class. Standing room only. Had to wait in lines for your permit to be issued. You should do ok considering there is less of a turnout for newbies. Good luck and enjoy.