Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hows hunting going for MD guys?

Old 11-17-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Hows hunting going for MD guys?

Just curious on how everyone is MD is doing this year so far. I still have til tuesday before I can go hunting as I'm in college in North Carolina now. Hoping I can get some good time bowhunting before gun season comes in next saturday. So hows the deer movement look now?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Hows hunting going for MD guys?

I've taken 2 does ( 1 bow, 1 ML). Passed lots of small bucks and 2 medium sized. I haven't hunted for about 2 weeks which has been all rut. Seeing a lot of dead ones on the road so that means they're moving and I've heard of a few good ones being taken.

Hoping to get out this weekend for a little while. Good luck to you.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hows hunting going for MD guys?

I think you are coming in at a great time. I always tend to measure the rut with one buddy of mine. This isn't my only indicator of rut behavior but nonetheless a solid one. He lives in Central MD on 90 acres adjacent to a state park. It's full of deer and some big ones at that.

He has a buddy down in Florida who is a fishing guide and has him down for some fine bass fishing in the summer. My buddy reciprocates by having him up here during the rut. He evaluates what is going on with the rut each year and then has his buddy come up when he thinks it is the best time to bow hunt.

Well, he just called him last Saturday and said it's now getting hot. So I think from now until gun season it is the best time to bow hunt.