Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Don't expect better buck hunting in PA

Old 11-10-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Don't expect better buck hunting in PA

"Our buck population should be as high or higher than last year's," Alt pointed out. "Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean hunters will see more bucks. But we know we didn't take as many of them in the hunting seasons last year, we're not losing many to poachers, and we're not losing many to mistake kills. Big buck prospects are alive and well in Pennsylvania."

Does anyone else remember when Alt said that his plan would produce more and bigger buck than we have ever seen before in PA? I do. Does anyone remember when Alt said Ar would double the number of 8+ pt. buck? I do. Does anyone rememeber when Alt said the buck harvest would return to normal after the first year of AR? I do.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Don't expect better buck hunting in PA

I remember. A reminded: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=465&q=151294

Over a million doe permits: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/game/dmap/doe_stats.asp
Old 11-10-2004, 06:45 PM

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean hunters will see more bucks

Ain't that the truth!
Old 11-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw 21 different bucks this archery season, 9 of them legal, and 4 were nice shooters. A few of them I saw more than once. I have kept a log every year since '88, where back in the 90's I'd average seeing 5-6 bucks a year and a nice shooter 1 every 3-4 years. last year I saw 17 with 2 nice shooters. Just wanted to give the other side of the story compared to your doomsday outlook.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bro... it IS possible that your sightings are limited to YOUR specific area... don't you agree?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I just love to listen to you PA guy and gals bitch and moan about AR. We have been useing the same regulations on our property in WV and thousands of others do it all over the country. Just because you cant kill a buck every year your pissed even if it was just a spike. One day you will wish you could take every word back when you are trying to figgure out how to post a pic of that big ol' PA buck on this same masssage board.

Think positive and kill big deer!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread should be called "Just another Deaddeer troll thread". Seems he is lining up a whole new list of participants for his little hobby. The names change but the rambles remain the same.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

gee here's a buck i shot on nov 2nd....and i even shot it on state game lands.....................bob

Old 11-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

I have been seeing more and bigger bucks in my area .. seems to be working here ..Bill
Old 11-11-2004, 05:43 AM

maggage board.

What's a maggage board? Oh.sorry, you're from W. Va.

Yes this is just another thread started by DD on the same or similar subject. But when he posts stats that say 5 - 10 DPSM as the goal of the PGC, nobody disputes it. Yes, you say I'm seeing lots of big bucks. Good for you. But it won't last. As he has stated, your area is not in compliance with the goals. I haven't seen a deer on the woods since the last day of early muzzel loader. And to "Bob", again, a nice buck, but I shot an 8 ptr on SGL 217 back in 1986 so what does your post prove? I am more and more convinced it's about poor forestry practices rather than too many deer, as we've been told.

Quick Reply: Don't expect better buck hunting in PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.