Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Northern NJ Spot Gone Cold in Nov.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Northern NJ Spot Gone Cold in Nov.

I've hunted almost every morning in October.... saw a doe once in a while... and at least 6 different bucks (on different occasions). The bucks were either too small (has to have at least 3 points on one side, too far away, or hanging in the thick stuff).

However, thus far Nov. has stunk! The temperature has dropped (its freezing in the AM). I saw a lone 6 pointer last week, but he was pushing 50 yards...and walked in the opposite direction from me. Other than that...zlich. Nada. Nothing. Not a hair (except squirrel).

What gives? Any ideas? Should I move to a different spot? I am reluctant to move because of all of the Oct. action I had. In addition there are at least 3 bears back there...think they spooked 'em away?

Hopefully, its the silence before the storm.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Northern NJ Spot Gone Cold in Nov.

I think the warm weather had the most effect on the deer so far.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Spike

i would hunt fresh sign,want to stay on the does now,keep checking back where you where hunting when fresh sign is seen hunt it too
Old 11-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hunt zone 4, and we are starting to see more deer then we did in October, matter of fact this past saturday my friend got himself a 3 pointer. I saw 2 different bucks that day, and including his 3 pointer all 3 deer didnt have a swollen neck, or dark tarsal glads. Plus I've seen does, but to far for shots, and not one was being chased by bucks. My friends and I looked up out records from the past few years, and this time of year in the past we saw plenty of deer, and pleanty of chasing, its just so slow in zone 4