Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new member looking for hunting partner

Old 11-12-2004, 08:42 AM

Default RE: new member looking for hunting partner

ORIGINAL: RonM

How far are you from the Delaware Mem Bridge ?
not a 100% sure but i think maybe 30 minutes roughly
Old 11-12-2004, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: RonM

How far are you from the Delaware Mem Bridge ?
i think about 30 minutes not 100% sure tho

sorry it posted twice
Old 11-12-2004, 09:17 AM

from the Del memorial about an hour ...he said in the previous post that he's near 7a on the turnpike , which is by great adventure
Old 11-12-2004, 11:25 AM

Hey Trad. I'm in Williamstown as well. I hunt most every season & usually public land and that's starting to get old. Most of the guys I've hunted with in the past just don't hunt anymore. There are times when the solitude of being out in the woods alone is pretty cool but, there are plenty of other times when it's nice to have to have the company of good buddies to share your experiences with...
Cross, can you e-mail me info on your club. I,m about 40min. from that area. Thanks.
MB
Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cross

ORIGINAL: Bow-4-It

Let me see if I got this right. A hunting club in south jersey, with 40,000 acres that hardly anyone hunts, for $50 a year???
Club doesnt have 40,000 acres club is about 15,000 i just have a bunch of farms i have permission on in nj, ny and pa. But yes there are very few hunters at the club. only about 100 of us.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. But I'm trying to figure out why your dues are so dirt cheap. I'm not doubting you, but even with 15,000 acres with 100 guys and $50 a year for dues, that comes out to $3 an acre. Unheard of in N.J. Believe me, I lived there for 40 years...20 miles north of Trenton in Hunterdon County. Still hunt there but on private land. I know guys that pay 10 times that a year, for 1/10th of the amount of land that you have access to. What's their secret?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: cross

Let me see if I got this right. A hunting club in south jersey, with 40,000 acres that hardly anyone hunts, for $50 a year???
Club doesnt have 40,000 acres club is about 15,000 i just have a bunch of farms i have permission on in nj, ny and pa. But yes there are very few hunters at the club. only about 100 of us.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. But I'm trying to figure out why your dues are so dirt cheap. I'm not doubting you, but even with 15,000 acres with 100 guys and $50 a year for dues, that comes out to $3 an acre. Unheard of in N.J. Believe me, I lived there for 40 years...20 miles north of Trenton in Hunterdon County. Still hunt there but on private land. I know guys that pay 10 times that a year, for 1/10th of the amount of land that you have access to. What's their secret?
ok i'll give ya the skinny. The club has a riffle range, pistol rage, skeet shoot, and blackpowder range. Total members is about 50 some odd thousand. The members are are township cops, fbi, army, state police and swat guys all who use the ranges and that is all they are there for. But guys who actually hunt there arent many off us like i said prolly about 100 havent seen too many guys out. actually put up a sign there hunting partner wanted and i got no replies. so i guess not too many guys going out. It's a very well kept secret i guess since none of you guys know of it. I hunted nj since i was 10 so been hunting here for 18 years and only reason i know of it is cause it backs my property. But i was here for a year before i found out it was a club. The club even plants food and does quite a bit of wildlife management. there is a three point on one side rule in place and has created some really nice deer. if i can figure out how to post picks ill post the albino that has moved into my backyard.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I live in Sicklerville across 42 from Williamstown and I think I know the club your talking about. There's billboards on CrossKeys Rd and Erial Rd about a shooting range, thought I would investagate it for a place to shoot muzzleloader. I would be interested for next year maybe.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:03 AM

mdbohuntr...I'm not sure but I think the range you are talking about is South Jersey Shooting Club on Piney Hollow Rd. Across from the Winslow WMA range.
I believe it's about $200 a year and has pistol, rifle, & archery.

MB