Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Buck last Day & Anti-hunter

Old 10-30-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Buck last Day & Anti-hunter

Friday morning was my last day to get a buck for the fall bow. I get in before light and am pessimistic about my chances. Haven,t seen a buck in this spot all year..although I bagged a 130# doe in Sept. I have a cold and couldn't hold in a cough and just let loose.I said for sure I'm done. Well at 805 I hear movement and there is a 4pter sniffing the cedars and moving..I wait to draw untill he is close to the shooting lane..do a mouth grunt which sounds like a sheep and he freezes ..I aim and bingo..I wait ..track ..hear noise of deer running ..stop look and hes stuck in a vine on a tree...he flpos,falls and rests while looking at me about 60 yds..So here I am in the middle of crispy Oak leafs wondering what to do..get close enough to finish him or back out..I back away but he jumps and runs.. I was worried but decided to collect my gear get my brother and come back in a hour.. We start tracking at last spot ..myn brother goes to left I striaght ..he yells anything I say blood is here and a voice from ahead yells its over hear. I go to spot and there is a guy with a cop. The guy starts yelling about hunting etc...I say all the right things and the cop tells the guy thats enough and I go on my way with a at the buzzer BUCK!! What a rush PS 150# dressed
Old 10-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck last Day & Anti-hunter

Good for the cop. The anti was probably so frustrated but he was wrong and everyone knew it. Congrats on the buck and I'm glad that anti didn't get to ruin your moment.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck! Good job with the anti as well....Best not to fuel the fire!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kill 'em with kindness. No matter what they say, be gentle and kind to them. At first they get angrier and then it inevitably sinks in that THEY are being the butthead and they feel silly and embarassed. Tell them that this is America, and they have the right to their opinion, but the law is invariably on your side.
Congrats on the buck.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

you see most of us cops are nice guys !!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gee congrates on the buck,what the heck were the cop and the anti doing in the woods ???
Old 10-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Sorry I left out that the buck expired at the edge of this guys lawn about 500yds from my stand and when he heard it thrashing and he came out of his house and called the cop.