Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Archery Buck Stubs

Old 09-14-2004, 07:23 AM

Default NJ Archery Buck Stubs

My license comes with three buck stubs: Fall Bow, Permit Bow, and Winter Bow. And 2 deer transportation tags.

1. Is the Winter Bow for this upcoming Dec/Jan.... or last Dec/Jan?

2. I have purchased my Permit Bow last weekend. What do I use/tag if I get a buck during permit bow? The Permit Bow stub from my license and the lone permit bow tag and a deer transport tag? Or just the Permit Bow stub from my license and the lone permit bow tag?

Confusing. The high school kid at Walmart messed me all up.

P.S. - Zone 6
Old 09-14-2004, 07:38 AM
jbc

Default RE: NJ Archery Buck Stubs

Ok, first of all Walmart is great for some things but hunting goods are not their strong point (at least in NJ). Go to a pro shop and get to know the people there who know their stuff.

As for your questions, the winter bow tag you have was good in for last winter bow. On Jan 1 you will need a 2005 license for 2005 winter bow.

If you get a buck in permit bow you complete the transportation tag on your permit plus the antlered buck tag on your license.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2004, 07:38 AM

What the Permit Bow states:

"Upon killing a deer immediately fill out below in ink. Place in license holder and affix holder to deer."
Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 AM

Thanks...but let's say I shoot doe during the Permit Bow. Then what? Submit the permit bow transport tag only? But what if I want to go back out to grab a buck during the permit bow? I will be out of permit bow transport tags (I was only issued one).
Old 09-14-2004, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: dragthor

Thanks...but let's say I shoot doe during the Permit Bow. Then what? Submit the permit bow transport tag only? But what if I want to go back out to grab a buck during the permit bow? I will be out of permit bow transport tags (I was only issued one).
You will be issued another transportation tag once you check in the doe, it would be marked as your final transportation tag as Zone 6 is a 2 deer Zone.