Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CONNECTICUT

Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 AM

Default CONNECTICUT

Any other whitetail hunters in here from Connecticut? Opening Day: 12 days and a wake up! I live in the Eastern part of the State, and have seen little change in color of the trees, I have seen some acorns on the ground here, but believe it is from the wind/rain that we've had. The farmers haven't cut the corn yet, one said the 20th, that's 5 days after opening day, hitting that food source early!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Default RE: CONNECTICUT

I live in the Eastern Part also. Can not wait to get out there again!! Do you hunt public or private? Good Luck.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:27 PM

Hey "Snow"...I do a little of both, private, and public. I'm trying to save my private land for a while, and going to start out on public opening day. How did you fare last year? I got a spike buck, missed a few does, and shot a 6 pointer, but couldn't retrieve him.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in south western CT. Fairfield county. Glad to see other CT people on here.
Last year I Got 2 does & hit a 8 pointer but it was a bad hit & I lost him. A week to go & I cant wait!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 PM

Hey,

Got a smaller 6 point and missed a doe (stupid tree limbs [:'(]) 6 days and a wake up now! Can not wait. It is supposed to be cooler that week also (low 60"s) which would be VERY nice. Good luck and post here any success stories! Phil
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM

Hey welcome Leverdude, and Phil that's great...I know I'm getting anxious myself....anything would be better than opening day last year it was so humid, It's good to see other Connecticut people coming in here, hopefully we can keep this thread alive. Looking forward to hearing from you guys, later...Van
Old 09-09-2004, 02:26 PM

Hey Phil,

I know you said you lived on this side of the state, what town? I live in Voluntown, own a house that backs right up to the State forest, and I have State forest right across the road from me too, so it makes it pretty nice for me, I can walk out my front door, or my back door, and hit the woods. Good Luck Wed.

Hopefully we will all have success stories for Thursdays post.

Van
Old 09-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

my parents got a house in colchester anyone know how the hunting is there?????
Old 09-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

3 days to go! Hung one last stand today, saw a nice doe in the driveway when I got there. Damn, I'm goin nuts. Just 3 more days.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:37 PM

Hey fellas, Not a conn resident, but I do live in putnam county NY> four minutes from the state line. Any leads on public land? I"d like to pick up an extra tag but don't want a $100 non resident tag to go to waste. Thanks Chris

Quick Reply: CONNECTICUT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.