Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CONNECTICUT

Old 10-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CONNECTICUT

Took a nice doe today. Havent seen any bucks at all yet but with all the does around there I thnk that'll change in a few weeks.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:47 AM

Congrats Leverdude.....Heading out next week....went out the other night, and had a couple of people walk through and muck up my night....I was pretty upset to say the least...hoping for better luck next week. -- Van
Old 10-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe.
I'm gonna head out this Sat. for the first time in 2 weeks. MA opens Monday.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thanx for the congrats guys. Went out for awhile this afternoon with my uncle. He left about an hour before dark (Dont ask why) & shoulda stayed. A doe (Bigger than mine) came out & walked right by his stand. I was gonna take her but didn't, I still gotta cut up Thursdays deer. I skinned & quartered it & its in the fridge downstairs. Nice deer tho, I'm gonna bust his balls for a long time.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:09 AM

Going out tonight trying a new place, a friend is taking me to one of his places, says he had 3 does right under his stand last night, but he's looking for a big boy, and since he took 6 last year he still has plenty of meat, so hopefully tonight will be the night, I'll let you know. Good Luck all. -- Van
Old 10-19-2004, 10:15 AM

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing ok, just wanted to update you on my hunts, went out a few times and didn't see anything, and then last night went out, and got a shot off at a 4 point at 30 yds, but he must of jumped my string, no blood or hair, and no meat...[:@] Oh well I guess that's why the call it hunting and not killing, I rattled him in, so I think I'm going to have to take a couple days off next week and see how that goes...Well good luck everyone, and keep the thread alive. -- Van
Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Got doe #2 last night. Found some buck sign close by & tonight I coulda swore I smelled a doe in heat. Might be an early rut, or just an early doe, or somebodies scent wick. lol.
Good hunting!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone getting anything?
Old 11-11-2004, 11:11 PM

I've not got anything, had a shot at a 4 pointer but missed about 2 weeks ago, think he jumed my string, it was a clean miss.....Thursday had a lone doe come in behind me but she was moving was to fast, like she was on a mission, waited to see if a buck was tailing her, but nothing, tried to grunt to see if she would come back but she didn't just kept going on her happy way.....with Gun season opening on WED, I'm getting nervous if I'm going to get another chance this year. [:@]
Old 11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

CT bowman,

Where are you? I'm in zone 11 & the season goes till Jan 31. We can bowhunt right thru rifle season also. ( I thought that was state wide) I hunt private property in residential areas so theres not much pressure from gun hunters & I just keep at it. We're supposed to wear orange during firearms season but I usually wear t to my stand or blnd & remove it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: CONNECTICUT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.