Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CONNECTICUT

Old 09-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CONNECTICUT

CTBOWMAN... We are having similar seasons....
I had 2 nice does come out in the field about 150 yards out with about 10 minutes of field shooting light left... not much in the woods behind me.
I took my doe bleat can and did it about half a dozen times... Well, the big one came running right in full tilt... She stopped about 50 yards out and cut into the woods. The other came along but stayed about 60 yards out... Then 2 people came walking down the railroad tracks that run parralell to the field i was hunting and start making out and stuff out in front of me about 100 yards!... so, I hit the bleat can, got their attention and they scooted off once they saw me waving at them!
Usually I would sit another 10 min., but that frustrated me so i got my stuff and started to lower my bow.. as i did i heard a loud blow right behind me. The big girl had been coming in behind me and I didn't hear her because i was so busy getting pissed off at the people... If i had sat another 5 she probably would have come right out under me... Oh well... maybe today...
Old 09-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

went out last night... for the first time in my CT bowhunting history I did not see ANY deer. Usually I at least see 1 or 2 at a distance...
I did have a crazy bat fly at me and then try and attack my broadhead... that was wild....
Old 09-23-2004, 08:05 AM

Hey Ma Hunter....sorry to hear that....it was kinda warm yesterday, I think I'm going to take a break, I've got some housework I need to get done, and give that private land a little time to cool off, and hit it again next week.

Everyone, if you get anything make sure you post it so we can all enjoy.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya CTBOWMAN... I went out Wed. last... I will sneak out this Sat. & again Monday... possibly Tuesday.
I haven't seen any horn yet.. only preseason scouting.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:23 AM

Finnaly!!!!!! Broke the trend for this season hopefully. Had two deer walk in last night. A small spike and a Doe. The doe was bigger so I took her. Got her quartered up and in the fridge last night - got done around 1100. Good luck to all - Where is the cooler weather??? I hate sweating and hunting. LOL
Old 09-27-2004, 09:35 AM

Congrats Snow....Way To Go.......I'm sure we'd all love to see her....hope you got a couple pics, I think I'm going to wait until later in the week to go out....Stay safe all, and Good Luck. -- Van
Old 10-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations Snow!
Lets try & keep this near the top. Anybody else seeing anythng?
I'm seeing some but havent had a shot oportunity from a stand since opening day. Kickin myself for not taking that doe. [:@]
Old 10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't been out in over a week. We had a couple deaths (one in the family, one close to the family). Funerals, wakes, & paul berring... takes up some time. I've also been getting everything ready for MA bow which starts the 11th.
I'm gonna try and go out a couple nights this week...
Old 10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

You have my sympathies Western MA Hunter, I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck if you do get out this week.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:06 AM

Sorry for your loss Western Ma. Hey everyone, NEW BOW ONLY AREA'S:
Just got this off the DEP website....happy hunting...

New Wildlife Areas Open for Bowhunting this Fall Eightmile River WMA in East Haddam is a new 322 acre wildlife area that will be open for bowhunting this fall. Parking is restricted to the designated field parking area only. Get Map (PDF 245k). The property is currently being reviewed for other types of hunting in the 2005 season.

Camp Columbia State Forest is a new 500 acre area that will be open for bowhunting this fall. Roadside parking is available along Munger Lane. Get Map (PDF 115k). The property is currently being reviewed for other types of hunting in the 2005 season.

Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford. A portion of the park north of Route 213 (Verkades property) is designated as a Deer Bowhunting Only area. Special Access permits are required. In quire at Park Manager's Office.

Quick Reply: CONNECTICUT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.