Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season Right around the Corner!

Old 08-28-2004, 04:58 PM

Default DE Archery Season Right around the Corner!

Just got back from the NJ Shore today after a nice week off. Now the season is only 4 days away!!! Heading down tomorrow to check on the stands and scope out alternative ground spots if the wind blows wrong on Wed.

Man the season came up quick. Gonna make sure the old bow is still sighted in tomorrow. Havent had as much time to practice as years past, but when I have shot, i've been right on. Cant freakin wait!

Who else in DE is ready to head on out on some nice bow hunts before DNREC ******** us with these new Oct gun doe days?
Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 PM

Default RE: DE Archery Season Right around the Corner!

i am ready and i am planning to hit it this week at some point. where are the regs posted with the oct shotgun days. they should put a nice dent in the deer o well, what r u going to do. i may have another place to hunt in south jersey. i have like 2 farms that i never hunt, but i might try another spot in glouster county.

did they ever cut the public areas?? the grass was 6 ft
Old 08-29-2004, 05:42 PM

Went out this morning with my father and got things set up at the leased place as best as we could. Couple stand set up and some ground spaces pruned nice for almost any wind. Looks like a nice cold front moving in Tuesday setting up nice cool northerly winds for the opener! Bring it on!

By the way, I brought my trail cam in last week and developed 7 pics. Ot had been out for 2 weeks. The only thing on it was a family of coons. Hope the deer havent migrated to other farms. There's alot of food around this year. Guess we just need to hope for the best.

Just 3 days away!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:59 PM

2 weeks and no deer...wow. well, who knows, it's a long season and it is always great to get out, but oct nov seem to be the times for great hunting. i am on a place in south NJ...if i can tag out by nov(mid) i will concentrate 100% on de. i am still hunting de at the start of the season. u guys have me interested in a smoke pole too...even though the new ones dont smoke that much....well, they smoke deer whatever the case, good luck to everyone and lets have a safe season...that is the most important thing....and have fun.

LeMond