Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey Hunters: Who Here Hunts Zone 4

Old 08-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Jersey Hunters: Who Here Hunts Zone 4

Just wondering who here will be hunting, or has hunted zone 4?

If you do or did, where in zone 4 ?
every see good bucks including points, weight?
bears?
Old 08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default RE: New Jersey Hunters: Who Here Hunts Zone 4

I'VE BEEN HUNTING ZONE 4 FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS. I LIKE THE NORTHERN AREA OF THE ZONE. I HAVE A FEW SPOTS THAT I HUNT WITH MY WIFE. WE ARE USUALLY FOUND BETWEEN DINGMANS AND MILFORD BRIDGES. I'VE SEEN QUITE A FEW NICE BUCKS OVER THE YEARS, MOSTLY DURING THE EXTENDED ARCHERY SEASON. ONCE THE FIREARMS SEASONS START THINGS GET HAIRY.THERE IS SOME KIND OF CLUB THAT HUNTS THIS AREA AND THEY DRIVE THE DEER ALL OVER THE PLACE. WE HAVEN'T HUNTED THE SHOTGUN SEASON IN A FEW YEARS. MOSTLY MZ. I'VE TAKEN QUITE A FEW DEER OUT OF THIS AREA. ALL WITH A MZ. I USED TO HUNT GROUSE THERE ALSO. LOVED THE CHALLENGE.BUT HAVEN'T SEEN A GROUSE IN YEARS.I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY STOCK PHEASANTS THERE EITHER.KINDA TAKES AWAY FROM THE SOLITUDE THAT I ENJOY SO MUCH. OVERALL ITS STILL ENJOYABLE. AND NOW THAT I HAVE MOVED FROM WOOD-RIDGE TO MONTAGUE IT'S ONLY A 5 MINUTE DRIVE