Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Vermont or New Hampshire hunters?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vermont or New Hampshire hunters?

Well I just moved back to New England after spending the last 8 years in Central PA. I originally grew up in the Rutland, VT area and am now living in Keene, NH. I spend most of my weekends in the woods near Rutland, VT though. Anyone in these areas that are as passionate about hunting as I am that would like to meet up? I hope to meet some good friends in the area soon that enjoy the woods as much as I do.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:24 AM

Default RE: Vermont or New Hampshire hunters?

Hi Rick...
I have hunted in VT.,NY., ME., MA., Conn., and KS., I'll be in your neck of the woods this Nov..
I have never hunted NH. so I am looking forward to it.
I'll try to post a pic of a small buck I shot in Maine.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:33 AM

Welcome back Rick.

I hunt the area just south of you every year for deer and partridge and turkey. You are in a good area of NH. Finding property isn't all that tough, but finding the animal numbers takes a bit of work. There are some big deer back in the thick stuff.

I'll do my best to help direct you to some local spots to try finding those pockets of deer.

Jay
Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the welcome guys, if any of you are in this neck of the woods and want a partner I am always interested in meeting new people. I also have permission on several farms in Central VT, so if any of you want to try some new spots, let me know I know of some good spots in that area. Hope to met some of you soon!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick...I hunt NH and Maine and have never hunted in VT. I have friends that go to your state each year during Arcchery Season...I hunt in the southeast sections of NH up close to Concord. Zones J2/L/M... I hear the Keene area offers some good whitetail hunting as well as great turkeys as well...Good Luck this season......Jimmy
Old 08-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, this part of NH seems to be full of turkeys thats for sure. I haven't gotten a license here due to not having permission to hunt anywhere, but I have a small flock of turkeys that is ALWAYS around my house that I see daily......there are about 10 of them total and they will let me walk up to within 10 yards of them to throw bread crumbs and birdseed to them. There's one nice gobbler that hangs with them that I would blast for sure if I had the chance, he has a beard that almost drags on the ground.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:07 PM

Hey Rick,
I too live in the Keene area, been here for most of my life, and always enjoyed the hunting and fishing in the area. I mostly hunt Surry Mountain, not the easiest terrain, but see plenty of deer every year. Drop me a line sometime, and maybe I can help get you aquainted with the area.
Catch ya later,
Mike
Old 08-22-2004, 09:37 PM

I like the idea my dad is from rutland his name is jr Delpha. We live in ny but would like to go hunt vermont with some experinced people. My email is [email protected] if youd like to email about some details.