Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe tags - check cleared

Old 09-03-2004, 12:42 PM

Default RE: PA Doe tags - check cleared

TWELVE WMUS SELL OUT OF ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES

Twelve Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) covering a large portion of Pennsylvania have exhausted antlerless deer license allocations as of today, Sept. 3, announced Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Vern Ross. Those WMUs are 1A, 1B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3C, 4A, 4C and 4D.

Of the 1,039,000 antlerless licenses originally allocated, 122,343 licenses remain.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

yeah , 4c sold out , i sent my unsold app. in on first monday they were selling them , and saw the numbers going down on the pgc site . and then a week and a half later , they send my app. back to me stating the wmu was sold out .

it took a week and a half for them to send it back to me !! and the numbers were still good the whole week i sent after i sent it in !! could somebody please explain to me how it takes that long for them to find out , because i'm feeling pretty ripped off with that , as if they took others that came in later before mine [:@]
Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 AM

As hunters prepare to apply for the second round of antlerless deer licenses, Game Commission officials announced that 14 Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) have exhausted antlerless deer license allocations as of today, Sept. 7. Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Vern Ross said that those WMUs that have sold all the licenses originally allocated are: 1A, 1B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3B, 3C, 4A, 4C, 4D and 4E.

Of the 1,039,000 antlerless licenses originally allocated, 114,712 licenses remain.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is a question for you PGC doe license experts . I am assuming I received tags for my first two doe license applications (regular tag and first round "bonus"). They were for units 3D and 4C. I would like to get another tag for WMU 5C which is still open and has a ton of tags since it is a special reg. WMU.

Do I have to wait until the 3rd round to apply for 5C or can I appy now since it is a special reg. WMU?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

In WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D, there is no limit to the number of unsold antlerless license applications an individual can make or receive. This can be done by mail starting Monday, Aug. 23, until allocations in those WMUs are exhausted. Over-the-counter sales in these three units only begin Monday, Sept. 20, 2004.
Page 53 of the Digest or here for your internet viewing pleasure.....

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...eer_season.pdf

Looks to me like you've got the green light to get as many as you want since it's after 8/23. I do believe that you can only get three at a time by mail, but I'm not 100% on that. Since you stated you wanted only one then I'm not going to bother trying to find out!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you Jason. I appreciate you doing the legwork for me on that one.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be applying for a 5C doe permit too Frank. It's too bad the area around my parents in Breinigsville has been so built up.. There was a pine grove near the Velodrome that used to hold enormous bucks, but now it's a walking park.

I'll have to search for some good spots when I'm down there next time.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem, Frank. I have a bunch of doe tag 'stuff' bookmarked from a debate on the PA board....you know how it can get over there....better keep records if you're going to have an opinion!
Old 09-12-2004, 12:38 PM

i got my first one back and i have sent my 2nd and 3rd out