Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A hunt for NJ members ?

Old 08-26-2004, 07:37 AM

Default RE: A hunt for NJ members ?

We're gonna scout after the Jamboree on Sat the 28th.
NJBowman wrote: The 18th is the day we are going to hunt. I guess some of the guys coming to the jamboree will scout then. If you are staying overnight at the jamboree, there are 20 of us camping. We are going to shoot the course then going to scout. So come on out, the more the merrier!!!
NJBowman wrote: Sat once everyone who attended leaves the people staying will go and shoot. We usually go out around 6pm. If you want to come down and shoot later with us it won't cost you anything.
I have hunted Assunpink since I was 15 years old. It does have some great deer in it. Last year when we were setting up for the Jamboree we saw 2 different bucks that would go P&Y. See everyone on the 28 or 29th
Old 08-26-2004, 03:54 PM

Bacs.. can you set me up on a spot? My Truck just brokedown I'll try to have it fixed by the 28th, but not looking good. I will be there on the 18th.... I was looking forward in meeting everyone.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: mysticguido

Bacs.. can you set me up on a spot? My Truck just brokedown I'll try to have it fixed by the 28th, but not looking good. I will be there on the 18th.... I was looking forward in meeting everyone.
No worries...........

We'll get you set up for the 18th. Good luck with the truck.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:52 PM

thanks Bacs.... Wow 15 days till Opening Day, Then Just 7 More For The NetHunt. Can Time go any S L O W E R..... Me and My Bearbow Are Ready.... Fred is calling Me to come walk with Him......BTW is it Sept 11, Yet???[&:]
Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 AM

So how was the Jamboree & the Scouting ?? I get my truck tomorrow..
Old 08-30-2004, 12:28 PM

Please tentatively include me for the Sept 18 afternoon hunt. I live in north jersey (morris county) and have never hunted (or scouted) the Assunpink WMA. Which zone will we be in? I will need someone to point me in the right direction. I have a GPS...so hopefully I will not get lost. Think it will be crowded? I am a "young buck" and do not mind walking.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 PM

I think someone can hook you up dragthor.. Where in morris??? I'm in Warren.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:39 PM

East of Route 15 up by Lake Hopatcong.

BTW.... Sept 18th is early. Its gonna be thick as heck. Is this an "earn-a-buck" zone?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: mysticguido

So how was the Jamboree & the Scouting ?? I get my truck tomorrow..
They got a pic of a nice 11pt at 20 yrds in velvet. Soybeans were browsed like you wouldn't believe.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: dragthor

East of Route 15 up by Lake Hopatcong.

BTW.... Sept 18th is early. Its gonna be thick as heck. Is this an "earn-a-buck" zone?
Yes it is an EAB Zone.

Quick Reply: A hunt for NJ members ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.