Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rain

Old 07-22-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Rain

This year is turning into a repeat of last year. Yes it started a little later, but since early July its been freakin raining and I mean alot every week. Under another flood watch until Saturday.

Not only is my G Damn basement flooding every rainfall greater than 1 inch, but I can imagine my hunting areas are lakes. Last year I went over my knee high boots multiple scouting trips and its not like hunt in the marsh all the time! Im talking standing woods.

I was getting encouraged a couple weeks ago when the lawn started to brown, but now its a forest again. Who do I have to pray to for a 2 months drought? God, Allah, Budda? Whatever it takes at this point.

Sorry, had to vent. I need to get to work ont scout/prep activities and I hate doing it in lousy wet conditions.

41 days to the DE Archery Season.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:09 AM

Default RE: Rain

Duckmaster,

I know what you mean. PA in the Poconos has been wet and someone turned on the facuet. Aslo, it's been cool, last year we had 22 days where temperatures were over 90, this year so far, none.

The kids have been complaining that the water temp in the pool is cool, but wat are you going to do. Now another cold front is coming in and the weekend will be in the 70's.

The good thing is the deer have a lot of food to eat. I see them munching all the time. Hopefully, they will stay out of my wifes front yard garden.

Tom