Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: A poll
Monocacy NRMA
54.55%
McKee-Beshers WMA
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Old 07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Lefty has compiled a list of places for us Md hunters to spend a day of bowhunting together. To get an idear of where to hold this would you please vote for one of the following. Afyer we decide a place we will work on a date. And guys please if your not going to participate in this event please don't inflate the poll by voting. Can anyone offer any info on these spots for those that don't know of them before thay vote. Aquausco Farm has already been covered by Sidways and myself. We can add more places to choose from if you come up with them. Private property is ALWAYS an option also.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 AM

Default RE: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

I'll pitch in a give a little blurb on the places I added to the list that I have hunted before.

Monocacy NRMA-Its listed at 1,800 acres on the DNR website. Area is split by the Monocacy River, the smaller side is an archery only area that has a mix of woods and agricultural fields. Larger side is mostly woods with a few fields mixed in. Area is known to (and has ) pruduced some nice bucks. Located about 10 miles south of Frederick.

Indiam Springs WMA-Its listed at 6,750 acres on the DNR website. Very large area that I have only seen a small portion of. Mostly mountain hardwoods with a lot of ridges and bottoms. Have heard of big bucks coming out of there but mostly a lot of "mountain" bucks. Located about 10 miles west of Hagerstown.

McKee-Beshers WMA-Its listed at 1,960 acres on the DNR website. Good mixture of woods, agricultural fields, and swamps. Lots of deer, lots of big deer. I believe the MD state record non-typical was taken here, but dont qoute me on that. Located outside of Rockville, or about 35 miles south of Frederick.

Seneca Creek State Park-Never hunted this area. Located next to McKee-Beshers. I believe its mostly hardwoods. Certain areas required permit.

Thats my 2 cents on the areas I know, if anyone has anything to add, or subtract chime on in......
Old 07-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know if anyone has thought of it, but I would think Liberty and Pretty Boy Reserviors would be an option. All it takes is to send in the application in the mail. I've personally never hunted there, but I have friends that have and they say they saw decent numbers of deer and not too many other hunters.

Slice
Old 07-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

here is the info on Myrtle Grove:

Charles
For information on the following areas call: 301-743-5161.
Myrtle Grove WMA- 1,748 acres - Furbearers, forest game, upland game, dove, waterfowl and deer (bow, muzzleloader and shotgun). Shooting range.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I voted Mckee-Beshers WMA-Montgomery County simply because it seems to be centeraly located and offers fields and hardwoods. I see there were 6 other votes, who else voted but didn't post a reply?
Old 07-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i voted for MRYTLE GROVE, its close to where I live since I'm still learning the area
Old 07-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i voted for the aquasco farm just cause of the size of deer ive heard of in PG county, i will hunt wherever the group want to, just keep me in the loop.

I heard one of guys mention Liberty.....i live near there I think they limit the number of hunters per day and its lottery draw so i dont think that would work..not a bad idea though, cause there is huge deer in there!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Liberty doesn't restrict the number of hunters allowed in and they do not have a lottery. All it takes is to send in a registration form to the DNR and for the hunter to keep a copy of the form with them. The form copy acts as the permission form.

Here's the link from DNR...

http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/dnrasp...de/bhpform.asp

Just something to think about...

Slice
Old 07-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

my fault slicendice,
i was going on what i heard about Liberty a few years ago, that was the reason I never looked into hunting there, I thought Id have to battle for a lottery to hunt it!! thanks for correcting me.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:10 AM

I voted for McKee-Beshers as well, but it doesnt really matter to me I can travel anywhere.

Quick Reply: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.