Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: A poll
Monocacy NRMA
54.55%
McKee-Beshers WMA
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Old 08-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Bear-

You can print out that application and send it in the mail if you'd like, or you can just buy it over the counter at most any sporting goods stores. I know most all of the WalMarts down ther have licenses. There is no time that you have to have your liecense by. You can buy it when you come down here to hunt if you wish.

Slice
Old 08-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help. I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss my chance to purchase one. Thanks again
Old 08-20-2004, 09:45 AM

Mossyoak and I are heading to check out Monocacy and do some scouting this Sunday, if anyone else is interested in coming send me a PM. I will give a report on Monday letting everyone know how things are looking.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn, I have to work tomorrow (Sat) and won't feel like the drive Sunday. Looking forward to your report.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wsih I could but I have to work Sunday morning. Can't wait for a report!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure lefty and I will report everything we see, but If we send eveybody else one way and we go another, dont think its because we saw a 150 class buck or anything!!!! lol (Lefty are we gonna tell em EVERYTHING we see???!!!) just kidding fellas
Old 08-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok fellas, heres how our scouting day went, (I'm sure Lefty will have more to report as he knows the area better than me) from what I saw it is very good hunting ground, alot of hardwoods with gutters and natural funnels surrounded by corn fields. The only problem I can see is that for 10-12 guys there is plenty of room, but unless we have another day where people can get familiar with this ground, it will take Lefty and myself a long time to walk eveybody around and then get ourselves set up. I am heavily suggesting another scout day in say late Oct and hope that we can get at least half the group some kind of an idea of the ground, that way maybe we can pair up and spend alot less time trying to get eveyone situated!! Be prepared to walk!!! From the parking area it is probably a good 30-40 min walk to get where Lefty and I saw the most visable signs,fresh beds, droppings and 4 deer we kicked up (couldnt see what they were). In closing I got a really good feeling about this land the way the cornfields had little fingers of woods that stretched out to them and the fingers had gutters that ran right into hardwood bottoms, man i was pumped!!! I can't wait.

lefty got anything to add?????
Old 08-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good. I'm getting excited already. I was just wondering, is anyone taking any doe tags or is this buck only? It doesn't matter either way to me I just need to know what to get.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I was out Sunday afternoon scouting the Monocacy bow only area, didn't see a whole lot to speak of. I am fairly new to the sport, so I'm sure I missed a lot of signs that more experienced hunters would have seen.

Does anyone plan to do any more scouting of the area? It would be a great learning opportunity for me. Thanks.

-Rick C.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:33 AM

I think Mossyoak pretty much hit the nail on the head. I attacted the aerial of Monocacy and I added some landmarks and key features. If anyone has any questions about the area let me know.

I also am concerned about getting everyone to their spots in the morning. With number of hunters going in the ballpark of 12, me and Mossy would have to guide 5 people each to their stands, this could take quite a while. How many of you guys have a GPS unit? And also does everyone have a climber stand they will be bringing?

bearklr,
No additional doe tags are required in this area. You are permitted to harvet 10 doe and 2 bucks with your regular hunting licence. If a juicy doe walks by I will definitly do my managment duty by thinning out the doe herd

Rick C.
I will checking out the area a good bit more in the coming weeks, you are more than welcome to tag along. Were you planning on participating in the hunt on November 5? If you are I could show you the area and you could help guide people to their stands. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.