Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: A poll
Monocacy NRMA
54.55%
McKee-Beshers WMA
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Old 08-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Count me in for Nov 5th, my father is coming as well so that will be 2 more. Is everything else going to be figured out down the road such as hotel, directions, and so forth. I also wondered about Maryland tags. Do I just download the application and mail it in with the money? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any updates?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

When do you want to lock the voting? Once it has been locked I'll pull up and post the info on the place that one the vote, and we can see where everyone is coming from and if need be post hotel info in the area. Also a time to meet.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd say lock it now. It's been up long enough that anyone interested has voted. Let's get it on, what do ya say?
Old 08-12-2004, 05:48 AM

Sounds good to me, looks like its gonna be Monocacy. Here is the list of everyone that said they were coming, if I left anyone off let me know.

bearklr & father
sideways
robb92
mdbohuntr
mossy33oak
dkwrestle33
slicendice
lefty26
Old 08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

There will be three people coming with me, my daughter and two friends that would like to come. I'll pull up the info on the place and post it later today and also hotel info in the area!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Monocacy River NRMA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located in Frederick County, near Dickerson, Monocacy River Natural Resources Management Area is comprised of 1,800 acres of natural areas and farmlands along the Monocacy River. Recreational use is primarily hunting, fishing, hiking and horseback riding. Paths are unmarked. Designated hunting areas are available, with one area for bow only hunting. Fishing access is available at parking areas at Park Mills Road and Route 28 road crossings of the Monocacy River.
FEATURES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boat ramp and parking located off Park Mills Road. A parking area is available off Route 28 at the Monocacy River Bridge. Designated hunting areas. Unmarked hiking and equestrian trails.
RULES FOR HUNTING AST SENECA CREEK STATE PARK, PATUXENT RIVER STATE PARK AND MONOCACY NRMA

Parking:

Maps with parking locations are available from the park office. Parking may be on the road shoulder or a designated parking area. Motorized vehicles are prohibited on park land.
Hunting:

Monocacy: Hunting permitted within Maryland state seasons. See the Guide to Hunting and Trapping in Maryland.
Seneca and Patuxent: Hunting not permitted between the close of Spring Turkey Season and September 1.
Racoon hunting requires annual registration with the park office.
Please respect property, farm crops and residences.
You may enter areas one hour before shooting time to set up. Legal shooting time begins one half-hour before sunrise.
You must be out of area by one half-hour after shooting time. Legal shooting time ends one half-hour after sunset.
You are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the hunting area boundary lines, safety zones and established trails in the area.
Maps are for reference only. Hunting boundaries are determined by field posting.
All hunters must wear the required type of fluorescent orange clothing during the firearms season (including Youth Hunt Day) and deer muzzleloader seasons.
Scouting is permitted from sunrise to sunset only. No weapons are to be carried while scouting. In order to avoid interference with other hunters, Sunday scouting is recommended.
Do not remove, cut, destroy, prune or deface any vegetation for any reason, including shooting lanes. No accessories may be screwed or nailed into trees.
Only portable tree stands are permitted. Remove deer stands at end of day.
The use of stands is recommended when hunting near established trails.
All harvested deer must be tagged before removal. Do not dress game near trails, parking areas or any area used by park visitors.
All State and Federal hunting laws and park regulations are strictly enforced.
Maryland State Parks are "trash free." You must remove your litter.
No camping or fire permitted.
Weapons prohibited except by licensed hunters during approved seasons. No target shooting.
Baiting or feeding prohibited.
Hunt Safe:

Please report all violations of game laws or these hunting rules to a Park Ranger as soon as possible by calling: Park Headquarters (301-924-2127) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., or Tawes Communications Center (1-800-825-7275) 24 hours a day.
Do not attempt to aproach or apprehend violators. Note identifying information such as physical description, vehicle description, vehicle tag number, time and location of violation, etc. and relay this information as instructed above.
Hunt with a friend.
Plan your trip.
Obey all laws, regulations and rules.
Leave word of your whereabouts with a reliable person.
Use safety straps while in a tree stand.
Practice all safety rules pertaining to weapons.
Use insect repellant for ticks and mosquitoes.
Carry first aid and survival items.
Never drink alcoholic beverages while hunting.

For accessible amenities in Maryland State Forests and Parks, visit the Accessibility For All section of this website.

DIRECTIONS:
From the Washington, D.C. area take I-270 north toward Rockville and exit at Route 28 west toward Frederick County. Approximately one mile after crossing the Frederick County line you will see the main parking area marked before reaching the Monocacy River Bridge. For additional access points, contact Seneca Creek State Park, which manages this facility.

Monocacy River Natural Resources Management Area
c/o Seneca Creek State Park
11950 Clopper Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
(301) 924-2127

DNR Home

Funding for Maryland's State and local parks and conservation areas is provided through The Department of Natural Resources' Program Open Space. Established in 1969, Program Open Space symbolizes Maryland's long term commitment to conserving natural resources while providing exceptional outdoor recreation opportunities.

Updated on December 3, 2002
Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

any word on a scout day, id love to see this ground, and maybe get an idea of a stand location, any sunday will work for me.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:52 AM

I have been busy lately and havnt made it over there to check things out. I should be free this Sunday 8/22 to go up and do some scouting, anyone interested in going pm me and I will cordinate a meeting place and time.

Thanks Lefty
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone know what I have to do to get my Maryland liscense. Do I just download the form, fill it out and send it in with the money or what? Also is there a time limit as to when it has to be in by? Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.