Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: A poll
Monocacy NRMA
54.55%
McKee-Beshers WMA
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Old 07-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Mossy33oak,

No problem!! Sorry if I came off harsh on my reply post to you.

I've never hunted Liberty, but I think I'm going to give it a shot this year. From where you say you're from, it should be fairly close to you.

Everyone-

I know it hasn't been determined exactly where or when this is going to happen, but so far it looks like it's gonna take place a pretty good ride from my house. Once it's decided where and when it's gonna be, if anyone else wants to get a hotel room the night before the hunt, I'm willing to split costs.

Slice

51 days to the MD opener...
Old 07-26-2004, 10:48 AM

Slicendice,

I'm not to far from you in H-Town, if the hunt ends of taking place in Charles County I would definitly be up for splitting a hotel room. Montgomery county is only about an hour from H-Town so we might not need a hotel to hunt there. Either way we could probaly ride together as well to save some $$ on gas.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Works for me, Lefty. We'll work something out when the time/place is decided on. Good deal.

Slice
Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda off subject but did anybody read the article in the washington post yesterday about the protest about bear hunting? They had people come from NJ to protest about it, I wish they had an open season on the antis, when i took my daughter through hunters safety they said the the number of hunters in the state of Marlyand is around 6-8% of the total population, and then number of antis is only 2-3% but they are the ones making the most noise.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Robb92,

The anti's may only be 2-3% of the population, but the problem is that they are well connected and well organized. Of the protesters for the bear hunt, I would be willing to bet that a large majority of the protesters were not from MD.

Slice
Old 07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree they offered the dnr 75 grand which they said would be used to repay the farmers for loss of livestock. They also said that they would see an increase in the number of orphan bear cubs, wich is crap, a bear cub that is 6 months old can survive in the wild, I've seen t.v. docs on it and also read several books on bear habitat and bear behavior
Old 07-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like we have 10 guys for this hunt. Is it time to remove the poll or let it run a little while longer?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry, I have been tardy to respond. I have been in Frederick all w/end (my son had his all star baseball tournament) I voted for the archery only area in Monocacy, but am cool with whatever the majority goes with.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:49 AM

Since we have a tie with the top 2, post another poll with just those 2 on it and we should get our winner.

Here is a link to an aerial photograph of McKee-Beshers, the hunting area is below the road that cuts through the middle of the pic and runs to the river.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...=2704&z=18&w=1

Does anyone have an aerial of Myrtle Grove they can post?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

How ever you guys want to find the place works for me!!

Quick Reply: Md hunters please vote place to have a hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.