Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hog hunt in NY?

Old 07-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hog hunt in NY?

We have a bow hunt planned for the last week of Aug at the Big Boar Lodge in NY and I was wondering if anyone has ever been there and if so what can they tell about it? Thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hog hunt in NY?

Well I can tell you about the place now since we went last weekend.

The wild boars are left over from last year so they were real tough to hunt. The way we hunted them was we posted up 2 or 3 hunters and the rest walked and tried to kick the pigs out from their hiding places under brush piles. You won't believe how fast there are. You only pay for what you shoot, if you don't take any shots you are charged $50 but they waived that for 2 of the guys that didn't shot. If you go be sure to ask them how many animals especially the one you are going to hunt will be in the woods when you want to go. We went too early in their year and there was only like 14 pigs in the woods.

We shot 2 pigs out of 4 guys but could have shot many of the rams and the red stags.

This is the one I shot thg guide said it was close to 300 lbs.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

nice looking pig where about is big boar lodge anyway I'm from western new york and i'm thinking it might be fun
Old 09-13-2004, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Homer, NY about 45 min south of Syracuse. Let me know if you are interested I gcan give you a contact number
Old 09-16-2004, 04:54 AM

bowtech9 i went to the old stone fence in renselear falls NY and it is a GREAT time. the guy has a really nice place. the cabin is super clean and has a monts everywhere. i would recomend this place. and he is the cheapest around since he is the distrubutor for all the hogs in NY. check him out.