Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

central pa

Old 07-12-2004, 06:08 PM

Default central pa

i just read in the paper that a 5000 acre landfill is going in the moshannon state forest. it is going to be the biggest landfill east of the mississippi. why does pennslyania have to take this [:'(] i know its close to where i hunt. is there anything we as hunters can do to stop this from happening. i got to tell you guys , this really sucks.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM

Default RE: central pa

When does the rat season open?
Old 07-13-2004, 04:53 AM

http://www.tnonline.com/archives/spo...onnection.html

Here is the link to the story, although it doesn't really have anything to do with DNCR, it's all about money.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 AM

I live Just 20 minutes south of where this proposed landfill will be going. It is proposed to be just off of Interstate 80 near Snowshoe and Moshannon. But there has been some goon news, as of right now only a small bit of the proposed 5000 acres has been approved. You see the land they want to use fall winthin 2 different townships, Rush township jumped in with both feet and said yes early but is trying to backout now, But showshoe township fought this hard, and actually hard enough to for the landfill company to withdraw their proposal to put more of the landfill in the snowshoe township part of the property. Tere are many other issues with this landfill, they also proposed an incinirator along with the landfill. Right now they are drilling to see if the land is actually useable for a landfill, and many I have spoke with say that the soil underneath is not stable enough. On top of all of this the garbage they want to bring into this landfill is all out-of-state garbage. All New York and New Jersey garbage, Why can't they take care of their own mess. New Jersey has already ruined their state why do they have to try and ruin Pennsylvania!!!![:@] As far as I'm concerned a nuclear bomb could fall on NJ and destroy it and I don't know if I would shed a tear, Never trust a state that won't let you pump your own gas or make a left hand turn!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pa hardwoods, Before that nuke goes off please let me know so i can get out of here first.. I am with you though, I hate nj and I wouldn't shed a tear if NJ fell into the ocean and never to be seen again. Actually most of the country would probable be greatfull. I do hate it here and can't wait to move back to Florida.

Just let me know when that nuke goes boom so I can get out of here with the family.

Brian
Old 07-13-2004, 11:22 AM

Sure thing 445 supermag you'll be the first to know.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:24 PM

hardwoods that does sound like good news. lets hope it all falls apart. im from pottstown pa. its about 40 miles west of phila. we have a 276acre landfill, and we have some real health concerns here. our chilren are getting cancer, tumors, brain cancer, liver and kidney tumors. etc etc. i think the people who live near there should really object to that landfill while they still can. believe me, you dont want to live in that nightmare. peace
Old 07-14-2004, 04:49 AM

Hey painless19464, You'll be happy to know that the residents from snowshoe township fought this so much that the landfill company basically threw up their hands and said that they have never dealt with a bigger bunch of irrational people. The company said that the residents were liars and would not even hear their proposal. So the company backed out and said that they wouldnot persue putting the landfill in snowshoe twp. If you ask me the residents of snowshoe twp did the right thing, they banded together and fought hard. Just because the mountaintop area has the reputation of being rednecks doesn't mean that there aren't some smart rednecks who are willing to get all the facts and show the truth about these so-called safe landfills. In all the news reports and with all of the people i've talked with from the area they are very well educated on the affects of landfills and incinerators, and they fired right back at the landfill company with nothing but just that true hard carved in stone facts of how landfills hurt the areas they are in. Any way there is also another thing that really pissed the mountaintop people off this landfill put the brakes on a proposed plan for a NASCAR track that was being explored as a possibility for this same piece of property. Taking away a chance at having races on a regular basis is like taking away their trucks. It just plain onld pissed them off!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I"m in the same boat as Hardwoods. Only live about 20 min from where the proposed dump is going. Sad part is this, most all of the trash will come from New York city. That is what really burns me up. Keep your own damn garbage. As for NJ, same thing. Another state that needs turned into a parking lot.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

i know what you mean , the town i moved from in '02 had a big landfill on the town outskirts , more like on the town border but within it's limits . actually , but no where near as big as the one spoken of above , and the townspeople were fighting it toothe and nail but , when the towns elected officials put up for vote for a requested expansion on the landfill , the landfill offered the town 10 million dollars ( 1 million a year for 10 years ) and free garbage pickup for the lifetime of the fill's operation , the elected officials passed the request with only one dissenting vote. unfortunately , most of the time money talks , and BS walks.

Quick Reply: central pa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.