Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

central pa

Old 07-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: central pa

its all about the almighty dollar[>:] i do like not having to pump my own gas. other than that when the time comes i will OUT OF HERE TOO!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hardwoods I almost bought property at Black Moshannon when Patten was selling all that land, but I didnt . I have a place on Beech Creek Mountain owned by Thomas Timberlands, about 6,000 acres joining Sproul, I have heard he is a little bind, hope he doesn't sell to the trashers. Next time they have a public hearing the should hold it at "Star Gardens" if it is still open, that would definately run them out of the area, a rough place certain.... I stopped there for lunch once with an aquaintance, was glad to get out of there. Ib like the Snowshoe- Clarence area nice wooded stretch all the way to Renova...
Old 07-21-2004, 05:50 AM

Hey RonM, I wouldn't be worried about Thomas Timberlands selling out, I am close friends with the owners nephew, In fact he posts on this message board as Muzzyman88, and the rest of his family works for his uncle and there is no financial trouble there. Was Star Gardens that bar that looked like a Big pieced together shed between Moshannon and Snowshoe? If that is it, I think it has been closed for a few years. Some good hunting in that area, went hunting in sproul opening day of rifle season one time, and I'll never do that again! Some real rude and unsafe people appear up there on opening day. That was the only time while hunting I've been afraid for my life.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Ed "SLOTMACHINE" Rendell has you covered. There is $10,000,000. set back for this project and since it's not in his back yard, what the heck. Next "Slick Ed" will legalize prostitution just like Nevada and he still won't have enough money in the Pa. kitty. This dude ran Phila. into the dirt, now how about the rest of the state![>:]
Old 07-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

As PaHardwoods stated no financial trouble with Thomas Timberlands. Your property is safe. My uncle will not sell out to the trashers thats for sure.

This whole garbage business really gets my blood boiling. I just don't understand why it all ends up in PA. What the hell is wrong with New York? Plenty of mountain ground to ruin there too.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just found out there is a new landfill hidden back in the hills by my cabin. We headed up to Lycoming county this past weekend and were headed to the pa grand canyon. As we were leaving wellsboro towards duncan there was a brand spankin new paved road so we headed back to see what it was. As we did so tractor trailer after tractor trailer passed us, it was like a freakin' envoy. Sure enough it was a brand new landfill. We asked the owner of a local store and he said it was just put in for New York and New Jersey garbage. Nothing like F*&^%$# up one of the most beautiful places in the state !!![:@][:@][:@]