Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shooting Range Question

Old 06-10-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Shooting Range Question

I live in NJ , however there is a range in Delaware that is closer to me then one in Jersey. Can a residents of other states use a range in another ?
Old 06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Range Question

Yes you can. I use a range located in PA
Old 06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

new jersy stinks for ranges. if you join a private one it will cost you a couple of hundred plus hours of work time on the range. i use the one at fort dix. its open on weekends and wed. and friday nights also. i also use a public range in pennsy on route 6 and lake wllenpaupack.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:12 PM

the closest NJ range for me is 45 minutes away. There is one on Rt9 in DE that only takes me 20 min to get to. Do you just take your license with you ? Any DE guys know what you can shoot at Omeladden on RT9 ( dont know thw correct spelling ) ie ...ML , shotgun etc ?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I live in NJ , however there is a range in Delaware that is closer to me then one in Jersey. Can a residents of other states use a range in another ?
Absolutely! Federal law protects gun owners who travel across state lines to travel to a range, gun show, or gunsmith. Just make sure you case everything unloaded.

I do most of my target shooting in Maryland; outdoor rifle ranges in Northern Virginia, for the most part, are either inadequate or expensive.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:11 PM

great ...thanks guys
Old 06-10-2004, 09:00 PM

Slug man you mite want to shot an E-mail to the man below. he is the gange master at Ommelanden range in Delaware.

Mike Marsich
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Old 06-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]Absolutely! Federal law protects gun owners who travel across state lines to travel to a range, gun show, or gunsmith. Just make sure you case everything unloaded.

Check and make sure. Probably true as to long guns but maybe not as to pistols. I live in NJ and hunt in NY and have occasionally shot at NY ranges, However I cannot ever bring a pistol to NY even if I am going to the range, and never to hunt( from the law it even appears that traveling through NY to get somewhere else with a pistol is also a big no-no) unless i first obtain a pistol permit there which has a chance of success about equal to the proverbial snowball. NRA site should give the laws. No harm in checking and gun crimes are serious even if done innocently. take care.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Check and make sure. Probably true as to long guns but maybe not as to pistols. I live in NJ and hunt in NY and have occasionally shot at NY ranges, However I cannot ever bring a pistol to NY even if I am going to the range, and never to hunt( from the law it even appears that traveling through NY to get somewhere else with a pistol is also a big no-no) unless i first obtain a pistol permit there which has a chance of success about equal to the proverbial snowball. NRA site should give the laws. No harm in checking and gun crimes are serious even if done innocently. take care.
Here's some more information for you.

Guide to the Interstate Transportation of Firearms
Old 06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Slugman the name of the range in Delaware is Shooters Choice it is a retired Trooper that I worked with his name is Dave Lawson, adnd it would be in the Dover listings on 411. It is about 3 mile N of Dover Downs or Dover International Speedway whichever you prefer on Rt 13 Southbound at Cheswold... Call em see if they offer what you need...