Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

crossbows in new york

Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Default RE: crossbows in new york

SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE SO DEAD SET AGAINST CROSS BOWS TO DEER HUNT BUT YOU WONT THINK TWICE ABOUT HARVESTING A DEER WITH A FIREARM. PRETTY STUPID TO ME. I AM CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR AND USE BOTH A CROSS BOW AND TRADITIONAL COMPOUND. IF YOU ARE IN A WHEEL CHAIR AND DO NOT HAVE THE USE OF YOUR LEGS MOST STATES WILL GIVE YOU A LICENSE TO HUNT FROM A MOTOR VEHICLE. HOW THE **** DO YOU SHOOT A COMPOUND BOW FROM A MOTOR VEHICLE (TRY TO PUT MY X-TEC THRU A WINDOW OF A VEHICLE AND TAKE AN ACCURATE SHOT)? SO I USE MY EXCALIBUR CROSS BOW WHEN HUNTING FROM A VEHICLE. BLIND HUNTING AND 3-D SHOOTING I USE THE COMPOUND. THE DECISION OF WEATHER OR NOT YOU USE A CROSS BOW OR NOT SHOULD BE UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL, AND HIS OR HER DOCTOR, NOT SOME MORON OR STATE THAT THINKS ITS UNFAIR (BECAUSE LIFE IS NOT FAIR)! NH, LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:59 PM

AND TO THE GUY BI&^%$NG ABOUT CROSS BOWS WITH RIFLE STOCKS AND UNFAIR SIGHTS ON CROSSBOWS ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU IS THAT YOU SUC, ILL HIT YOU IN THE EYE WITH BOTH COMPOUND AND CROSSBOW FROM MY CHAIR AT 35', WHINE ASS.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:00 PM

ALL YOU GUYS FROM NY THAT WANT TO HUNT WITH A CROSS BOW COME ON OVER TO NH. WE WONT CRY ABOUT IT.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:04 PM

WATCH YOU ASS CROSSING VERMONT.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:05 PM

GO RED SOX!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Someone needs to take a chill pill, go fishing, have a beer, or something QUICK!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

After years of being completely against the use of crossbows in archery season, Except for truly handicapped hunters.......I finally saw the truth about 2 years ago.

I researched states that do allow unrestricted use of crossbows in archery season.

I actually went out a shot several top end crossbows extensively.

After doing all of this, I was forced to come to the following conclusions....

1. A top end crossbow has no more effective range than a compound bow.

2. A top end crossbow is easier to become proficient with. This is NOT a bad thing.

3. A top end crossbow is LESS accurate, if the verticle bow shooter is really good, but still more than accurate enough for hunting situations.

4. I was forced to admit to myself that my previous reasons for not wanting crossbows included into archery season all boiled down to one thing......GREED! I did not want to SHARE the season with anymore hunters than I already had to.

That is an extremely selfish, and narrowminded outlook on my part.

That is why I totally changed my outlook on crossbows is archery season. Handicapped, non-handicapped, I just don`t care.....come on out and hunt!

One of my biggest arguements in the past about crossbows was that you did not have to draw them in the presence of game.

I have killed well over 100 big game animals with a verticle bow, so I guess that drawing in their presence is NOT that big of a deal.

BTW, I probably will NEVER hunt with a crossbow...I just don`t like them one little bit. But who the heck am I to tell another hunter that he cannot use the BOW of his choice?

If crossbows give the archer an unfair advantage....you better start proceedings right now to outlaw compound bows as well.

I have debated this issue with some members of the NYBS a few times....I will say this, the NYBS does some OUTSTANDING things for the betterment of bowhunting.

In the area of crossbows....they should be ashamed of their stance, and their outright deception of crossbows on their website.

OK....bring it......
Old 05-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Big

If you cant tell the xbows are not hunted with the same as bows I am sorry for you.The two may be alike in the way they shoot the arrow but are no where the same to hunt with.As I stated a pistol is a pistol but if the BARREL is over 10 1/2 in it is not a hand gun in MT game laws.As I stated make the xbow fit the bow laws and you can use them in MT any time till than hunt with the wepion that you can or go to where you can use your xbow.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

Big

If you cant tell the xbows are not hunted with the same as bows I am sorry for you.The two may be alike in the way they shoot the arrow but are no where the same to hunt with.As I stated a pistol is a pistol but if the BARREL is over 10 1/2 in it is not a hand gun in MT game laws.As I stated make the xbow fit the bow laws and you can use them in MT any time till than hunt with the wepion that you can or go to where you can use your xbow.
Then you better feel sorry for me.....I cannot fathom how hunting with a crossbow would be much different at all compared to a compound bow?

They both shoot a broadhead tipped arrow...

They both have the same effective range....

They both utilize a trigger to release the arrow(unless you are a finger shooter)....

make the xbow fit the bow laws and you can use them
Crossbows will be legal in MANY more states in the near future, because there is no LEGITIMATE reason to exclude them.

or go to where you can use your xbow.
I covered that in my first post...I don`t like crossbows, and have absolutely no desire to use one. I just cannot see how it is my business to attempt to prevent someone from using a weapon that is CLEARLY similar to a compound in just about every performance aspect.

Out of curiousity.....were you bowhunting when compound bows were legalized back in the 70`s?

I was, and this argument is no different that that one was. After I actually went out and shot crossbows to see what the fuss was all about...I PERSONALLY believe that the crossbow hunter is at a disadvantage due to the weight and cumbersome design of crossbows.

I know this is not a popular stance, but there really is only one reason to be against crossbows in archery season........

GREED!

You just don`t want to share the hunting woods with any more hunters.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

HEHE

I do not understand how not wanting xbows stated as the same makes me greedy.

What do you do with your old bows? I give mine to people to get them in to bow hunting.I allso help ANY one in need to learn to hunt.I allso take people from out of state [FREE] hunting.For you to say I am greedy is nuts.

I have used a xbow for a few YEARS during rifl season.All the crap about it being harder than a compount is bull.You can shoot a xbow with no movement at all.my son at 4 years old can shoot a xbow.He allso shoots a real bow the main difrance is the bow is 12# and will only shoot 5 yards. He can shoot the xbow 40 yards easy and shoot with in 10 ins.You can plant a scop on a xbow and ANY one with little to no sentce can shoot 3in an 40 yards quite eazy.

I think people will use the xbow as a cruch.I allso think people will try to get there little kids shooting animals befor they have the maturity to BOW hunt.It may let a few ok hunters in but I know there is a lot of dads that will push there kids to hunt befor they can make good decisions for there selfs. It will allso give a bunch of rifle hunters the eazy way out.

You would have to SHOW any kids the how the xbow and bows are the same. But I bet most any kid will sat that a rifl and a xbow are the same.My point with this is people and kids will think xbows are guns NOT bows.with this point in mind they will shoot long shots [just as my uncle]

Quick Reply: crossbows in new york

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.