Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

crossbows in new york

Old 06-10-2004, 07:15 AM

Default RE: crossbows in new york

like i said before why not allow it but in it's own season it might bring more hunters in to the fold and give us a biger voice.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:37 PM

The current bill is not about a wide open crossbow season for anyone who simply decides that they don't want to shoot a regular bow.

It basically addresses the needs of those disabled individuals who are unable to use a regular bow, even one with modifications, yet do not currently qualify at this time as being disabled enough to currently use a crossbow under existing regulations.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Being a New Yorker, and, even though NY is now in the minority regarding crossbows, I DO NOT think they should be introduced into NY. Can somebody tell me where I can get a copy of this bill and who to contact, so I can let them know (politely) what I think.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:32 AM

i see no problem with crossbow hunting as hunters we need to build our ranks in order to keep our way of life
Old 06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Joe Ognibene Article On Cross Bows

It has recently come to my attention that an article written 3/28/2004 by Joe Ognibene calls out quotes from me.

The article is pro crossbow, and anti NYB. my next comments are not about crossbows nor do I wish to debate the issue here.

Joe has me quoted as publicly lashing out harsh comments about NYB and their position on bill A09746. I have never spoken to or in any way had any conversation or communication with Joe Ognibene, nor have I ever given Joe Ognibene permission to quote me in any form or fashion on any subject. There has been no phone or verbal conversations, written letters. or direct email to back up his story.

Although NYB and NY NWTF have different positions on bill A09746, it would be unbecoming and beneath the NY NWTF and it's directors to issue such negative statements publicly, especially concerning a fellow conservation org or sportsmen’s group. . Any formal statements by the NY NWTF State Chapter can be found in the form of press releases at: http://www.turkey-talk.com/nys-nwtf/news.htm

Mike Joyner
2nd Vice President
New York State Chapter National Wild Turkey Federation
30 Crandall Street
Cortland, New York 13045
Tel. 607.753.8420
www.turkey-talk.com
[email protected]
Old 06-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys lets cut through the b.s. here. This is a serious issue that is going to be addressed in the near furture here in N.Y. There are laws that govern this state I know I enforce them. I am also a avid bowhunter, firearms hunter, and muzzleloader. Yes, If N.Y. let crossbows in their would be people who said that they would never use one at the store buying one. That's a fact of life, people are hipocrits say one thing do another. The fact remains that no matter who you are or what your dissibility is they too should enjoy the outdoors. We are a brotherhood of outdoorsmen and should't pass judgement on someone because of their method of hunting.Unless it's illigal. My opinion on this is If you have a dissability that enables you to hold a compound or draw it back, you should be able with a special permit from the D.E.C or your local Encon officer to hunt with a crossbow or modified crossbow.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:04 AM

We are a brotherhood of outdoorsmen and should't pass judgement on someone because of their method of hunting.Unless it's illigal
Well...............Hunting with crossbows IS ILLIGAL in NY..............So I will and CAN pass judgement on it

. My opinion on this is If you have a dissability that enables you to hold a compound or draw it back, you should be able with a special permit from the D.E.C or your local Encon officer to hunt with a crossbow or modified crossbow
I don't think ANYONE is arguing that fact
Old 06-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

You are entitled to you opinion Rack -Attack . I get the feeling that you are 100% against crossbows in N.Y. no matter what the circumstances. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that we should have crossbows here I'm just saying that special circumstances need special attention.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:06 PM

I think you miss understod me..........

IMO and Most others here - Any dissabled person who cannot use a bow - should be allowed, with less hassle than currently exists be able to use a cross bow during the regular bow season. I am not for keeping those with disabilities out of the woods - the more power to them - they are an insperation.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

You (certain guys) need to stop whinning about cross bows. You are so self-centered that you'd deprive a handicapped person of his rights? If I were a vet, lived in NY and was handicapped I'd shove your quiver up your a**. I'd rather try and help a person with a disability so he/she could enjoy a memorable hunt than to worry about all the harm they are going to cause me. You don't belong in the woods yourself if thats how you feel.

In my state you can hunt bow season with a cross bow, only if disabled. They even have special hunting spots for them. The license can be free of charge and they can hunt from an ATV. I have only run into one such person who was using a ground blind. I think the system is more than fair and if they clean house all the power to 'em!

Quick Reply: crossbows in new york

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.