Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

crossbows in new york

Old 06-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbows in new york

stay in NJ then

Old 06-04-2004, 07:33 PM

Ok guys. The Bill #9746 is mine I wrote it and obtained the sponsorship of Assemblyman Crouch. We need tons of support
At this time we are changing up due to Crouch being a minority member, I have enlisted the help of majority member Dick Smith to take over heading up the Bill with Crouch as the Co-sponsor. From there it must make it through En Con. this will be a feat since both chairs are NYB freindly and won't budge.........Until now.
As NYS Handicap Director for TNUSA I have taken this task on and I will not stop till 9746 IS A LAW................

Write email and call your Assembly and Senate members and the entire En-Con Committee.
Let them know that the anti Crossbow faction is the minority here and to not address this issue would be discriminatory.
If you need to know more my email is [email protected]

Thanks
Tommy Downey
NYS Handicap Director for the
Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America
Old 06-06-2004, 03:03 PM

i dont see the big deal on every one useing one just make it a seperte stamp
Old 06-07-2004, 08:21 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

One more state passed crossbows alaska, 7 more states to go, ladies & gentleman its going to happen in New York soon. Good hunting. rich
Old 06-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pipewrench, I'm curious what state are you from? I'm presuming Michigan. If so I ask why are you involving yourself in NYS government???????????
Old 06-09-2004, 07:08 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

A Hole (Buck Alley) the reason he wrote in is called freedom of speech,and his opinion is just a valid as yours and no one jumped on you, get a life. Rich
Old 06-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now, Now RWK, Temper, temper no reasons for name calling here. Just like you said its called freedom of speech. I was simply asking him a question. I happen to be a big Ted Nugent fan. Just becasue I have concerns about crossbows in NYS doesn't mean I'm an A HOLE. I've never thought that of yourself. Matter of fact you've never answered my question, and this is your post!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:27 AM
jbc

Not that it really matters but Pipewrench is from NY.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pipewrench, I was going to wait for my next couple of questions after you responded to my first. On why your involving yourself in NY Government.
But seeing I'm taking a little friendly fire here. Reminder I do like Ted Nugent, and often watch his Spirit of the Wild show. Visit his website too. Not a member, but have considered it. I was unaware of any handicapped work w/ crossbows by TNUSA. I hope you answer here, so all can read.
Question 1- Do you & TNUSA research each states individual handicapped allowances. Or does TNUSA just look at what states don't allow crossbows for all handicapped persons, then pursue those states?

#2- If Bill9746 is passed in NYS. Then we see more legislation as a result to allow the crossbow in NY's archery season for everyone. Will TNUSA be there to help fight against that? (Maybe you can't answer that truthfully). But my reasoning for that question is I know from listening to Ted Nugent, and reading on his websight. Ted is not for the crossbow to be legalized into strictly archery seasons. Ted is in favor of crossbow use beginning at the opening of Firearms season, and allowing its use until the end of all
seasons.

Jbc, it does matter to me. On your 1 arm post I'd think it'd be easier for a 1 arm person to use a bow over a crossbow. As you know only 1 arm mainly supports the bow. The rel. can be done with a mouth device, just like Quad's use.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well If Ted's for it..........................................I'm even more against it. lol.

I'm for truelly handicapped being able to hunt. Ted [:'(]

Quick Reply: crossbows in new york

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.