Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Gander Mountain

Old 04-03-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Gander Mountain

i just got back from Gander Mountain in New York. It is amazing!!! I am told this place is not as big as Cabela's in PA but i think the place was pretty nice.... any body else been here?
Old 04-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gander Mountain

We've got several Ganders aroundWestern Pa. Great stores! good stuff, decent prices, fairly knowledgable staff, but best of all.... No %@^$?!#& golf clubs, no &*%(#$@ spandex, no /3#\@&* yuppie jock stuff!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 06:51 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

The GM in Rochester is a nice store. The best We have around. There is no comparision to Cabela's, however. The best part about GM is that camo clothing goes on a crazy 1/2 price (or more) sale. So if you can wait to buy something, it will be DIRT cheap sooner or later.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:55 AM

thanks for us it just opened and i though it was real nice, now i cant wait for the sale!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to buy from them exclusively, preferring them over Bass Pro And Cabella's, One day they stopped sending me catalogs, I tried to locate them in sports mags. and couldn't. I think they had legal problems? Well since then turned to Cabella's and never looked back.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:21 AM

this gander mountain is in Middletown, Orange County right off I-84
Old 04-04-2004, 12:18 PM

We just got one here in Buffalo. Way better than any other option around here without buying on-line.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

from what i remember cabelas bought the mail order rights from gander thats why they dont sell through catalogs anymore.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not quite sure how long it's been but I haven't seen a Gander catalog in a long time. Was surprised to hear the name on the radio commercials a couplu of years back when they opened their first store around here.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gander Mountain must be doing real well these days. Several new stores have gone up, and the Syracuse Newspaper had article couple wks back a new store was being built in Cicero, NY. Its expected to be opened by this fall! I can't wait, its sure got to beat Dicks Sporting Goods!!

Quick Reply: Gander Mountain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.