Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

alt wants 5 pt zone

Old 04-05-2004, 04:29 PM

Default RE: alt wants 5 pt zone

Actually, Illinois statewide law allows hunters to shoot spikes just like our old regs. Whats good about Illinois is that their hunters recognize the need to let a buck mature and realize his antler potential. They also dont have that ingrained aversion to killing does that we are just starting to see fade away around here.
That was your response to the April foools joke. So ,who is the April fool?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I don't blame the archers in the least, I blame Alt for implementing AR before we even started to reduce the herd.
Question: Didn't herd reduction begin with concurrent seasons in '99(maybe it was '00?)? If memory serves we implemented concurrent seasons to increase opportunities to kill more doe. I remember many a fellow complaining then that we were going to wipe out all the doe and we'd have hunters laying dead all over the woods....neither happened, but I remember that taking place.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:25 AM

Deaddeer, I have been reading your posts in the past weks and personally I am sick of them.[:'(] I for one think Dr. Alt is doing a very good Job. If you think you could do any better then please get a job with the Game Commission and Do what Dr. Alt is doing. All of your ramblings and spinning of existing data to suit your cause sounds just like the nonsense coming from the Idiots of the United Sportsmen of Pennsylvania. If you think you could do any better than they are doing now then you go do the job and then we'll see if you can take the criticism like the Game Commission and Dr. Alt do.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:36 AM

If you believe the results from the new computer model ,there has been no herd reduction in the past five years. Acoording to the PGC ,the concurrent season had no effect, the 1 M anterless tags had no effect and the herd increased by 20% from 1998 and we had 1.6M deer in 2003,more than we have ever had in the history of PA..
Old 04-06-2004, 12:32 PM

Then what the heck are you complaining about??? Since your numbers tell you the herd is increasing you shouldn't have a complaint. You got more deer and bucks in older age classes.....OOOPPS according to you you don't have any of that either. So according to you the population has increased and the age structure of bucks has remained the same because Alt hasn't been able to change that either. So tell me what is your position. ALt is or is not ruining the deer herd??? According to you he's had no effect. I'd insert a smilely face here, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do that!!

Juniorpc.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Junior, just click on the smile on the left of the popup where you type your message.

Excellent point by the way!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:57 PM

Since your numbers tell you the herd is increasing you shouldn't have a complaint.
That is not true. The PGC and their new computer model says the herd is increasing. They are not my numbers. The harvests and the history of our herd says the herd is decreasing. But since the pro Alt guys get all upset when I contradict the experts I have been paying along with the computer generated increase to 1.6 M PS deer.

But here are some points you might want to think about.

1. In 1997 a total harvest of 397K , with an anterless harvest of 220K, kept the OW herd stable.

2. In 2000,when we har 1M PS deer alt said a harvest of 503 K kept the herd stable.

3. In 2001 with a OW herd of 1M a harvest of 486K reduced the OW herd by 8%.
A. Prior to the season they said a harvest of 328K anterless deer was needed to reduce the herd by 5%.

4. The 2002 harvest of 517K deer allowed the OW herd to increase by 1.6%.

5. The 2003 harvest of of 465K kept the herd stable according to Alt.

Now you tell me if you think the herd increased or decreased.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Oh there goes the numbers again,,,,Pardon me fellows but..........

BBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!

OH man, All over the monitor and keyboard again!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys gotta get a rag to clean it up......
Old 04-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to see a rational explanation on dd's post.I've been asking how this could be for several weeks and no one answers.It proves Alt is the spin doctor not dd.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doug you wont see a response to DD because any response to DD just gets another deluge of "facts". We've all had it with trying to find anything useful in his barrages.

I admit that I have some unanswered questions about parts of Alt's master plan but it's impossible carry on a conversation with DD unless you have an hour to verify the accuracy of his posts.

I'm sure I could find it but I'd rather just ask what question you are referring to and I'll try to answer you if I can.

Quick Reply: alt wants 5 pt zone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.