Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Hunters-The Numbers Are Out!

Old 03-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Hunters-The Numbers Are Out!

k, i'm sticking my nose in without kowing everything you guys have written( really dumb idea, i know) butdeaddeer is correct about a few things.. when you implement an AR management plan, you will not add more legal bucks to the population, you are simply deffering it one year. because of this, your buck harvest will, and by definition has to, decline from whatever the current level is, and will never approach the current level. you doe population, because of the carryover of the extra bucks, will need to be hammered every year, just to keep the population at the desired management level. a good formula that a biologist told me is if your population overall is @ 80% c.c., you must knock it down to at least 50-60%, and maintain it at that level. now, berfore you write and tell me that i don't know of what i speak, VT is currently going through the qdm debate. i have researched this for a year, and in that time have developed a good relationship with wildlife biologist, both for and against qdm. they have said the same thing as i stated above, and one of them is a board member, and biologist, for the qdma. i feel comfortable in saying that what i stated above is the truth. now, hopefully this stops at least onepiece of the arguement.
Pat
Old 03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i don't like stepping in on the PA conversations, but they're everywhere

isn't the horse dead yet?????

an if so, why are you all still beating it???

(i know, I've been there with the NYers)
Old 03-25-2004, 02:39 PM

To keep the flies off.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Otis, we have an early muzzleloader season that is doe only the third week of October. If you plan well, it should be no problem to draw two doe tags and it is also quite easy to get what we call a DMAP tag or two good for a doe on specified plots of land.

After all the good info and help you've given me on the winter caribou, any help or info I can give is yours!!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]