Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Brunswick Spring Bear

Old 03-15-2004, 09:23 AM

Default New Brunswick Spring Bear

I am not a booking agent. I just got word from one of the places we film that he is lowering his prices this year and thought I would spread the word. A Spring Bear hunt in NB. This guide is in Southern NB and has had a near 100% succes rate for 5 years running. The hunt is for May or June and this outfitter is very inexpensive. You can call me 207-527-2761 for more info. I am not a booking agent, I am just spreading the word about a quality hunt I know of. I have hunted and filmed there and the guide is first rate. A short drive from anywhere in New England.
Looking for: He gets $750 and it included lodging.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Brunswick Spring Bear

from everything ive read about new brunswick the deer and bear hunting is very hard with low sucess rates. id rather hunt maine and keep the money in country. that stupid border gun fee was the last straw for me. im taking off from hunting canada for a while anyway!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:02 PM

I think you might have had a bad experince. The gun fee in only for rifles. I have taken in line muzzle loaders and bows across with no problem. As for success rates. Maine is very good. My guide service took 32 hunter and harvested 31 bear. New Brunswick is about the same. We ran camers on 6 hunts and all were sussesful as well as all the sports in camp, and we were there for 3 weeks. For the money you can't beat a NB spring bear hunt. The lic. is half of what you would pay in Maine and the hunts are usually 2-300 less. Don't get me wrong, hunt here too. There is nothing like a Maine fall hunt. Success rates in NB are low in the fall. But in the spring the bears are out and feeding and bait is the best show in town.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HUNTED NEW BRUNSWICK 3 TIMES DURING THE OPENING WEEK OF THE FALL ARCHERY BEAR HUNT, I'M 2 FOR 3, THE LAST HUNT I WAITED FOR A BEAR THAT WOULD BE BIGGER THEN MY 300 POUNDER. I ALWAYS SAW BEARS, AND THE DEER I SAW ARE HUGE. IF I DID HUNT NEW BRUNSWICK FOR DEER IT WOULD BE WITH RIFLE.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:49 PM

Hi Bub, I'm trying to get linked up on this website for Topgun.If we do we'll "Become the hunted." Vic