Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

4th Annual NE Get Together

Old 02-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 4th Annual NE Get Together

It's that time of year again to start the planning. Every year we try to make it a better one than the year before. The 1st one was at Cardeer's in the Reading area of Pa, the 2nd one was at Big Buck Brannigans on the Eastern Shore (Kent Island) of Md and last year it was at DaveH's fantastic place in North Centeral Md just off of I95. What we need is who is interested in hosting it this year, I know Dave said he would host it again and I think that would be great but I am only one voice. One suggestion, every year it has been held in the dead middle of summer and it has been really hot. Maybe we can look at early June this year so it won't be so bad shooting the bows. Plenty of good people, pictures, good food, shooting and lie telling. I will get Cardeer to come again and last year Tazman brought his son whom was home from Iraq. ArticBowman sent down from Alaska some various kinds of game and a video of his lifestyle up there. It's open to any and all members and family who's interested. Let's get the planning going with who will host it and who will attend.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 4th Annual NE Get Together

Rick, I had talked to Dave and Charlie about perhaps having it here this year. I have the acreage for camping, extra couches, etc. That way people would not have to worry about where to stay. There is also a Holiday Inn express and other facilities less than 10-15 miles away. Not sure if it is would be a go as it is pretty far away for most folks that attend....However, just a thought. Ya'll let me know as I would love to have everyone here.

Either way and whatever is decieded, I will do my best to be there again this year! And in a timely fashion I might add. LMAO!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Christine you were the main one I wanted to meet last summer and I left just a little too early, story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. It makes no difference to me hwere it is I will be there good Lord willing.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

As Rick said, we would love to host it again. I had already decided to NOT have it in July because the heat and humidity is merciless at that time of year. June is also what I was thinking. We don't want to "hog" it though if someone else really wants to host it--like Christine. Since I work most weekends, I schedule it on the few weekends I have off, but will make every attempt to be there if it's held somewhere else.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definatly like to attend this year, you all just need to figure out where and when and I will try to wiggle it into my crazy work schedule.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave H has the spot for it and not too far for Cardeer to travel. I wish I had a larger place. Christine whatI meant by my previous statement is that my buddies abd I have been looking for land in WV, we found some by now. But you could have helped us to that regard.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not flying to DC this year, so how do I get you guys some meat? Anbyody coming through Vegas in the next couple of months that could take some east with them?

I might be able to get something over to you guys. I presume that I should just ship it to Christine? hehehe

Anybody want some steaks off of this guy? It's not too late yet, he's still a popsicle.

Old 02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hopefully work will allow me to at least attend this year.......I wish I had a place to offer to host.

Jerry,
Are you going to make me beg for the pelt off that bad boy!! I always wanted a Wolverine pelt.......those claws are too cool.Here.....it's official........
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZEEEEE EE!!!!!![:-]
Where and how did you come by that guy?
If you wish to hang onto the pelt......how about the SKULL?
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEE!!!!!!PRetty please!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, he is going to become a full body mount either on a fake rock or on some thick branches. His skull will sit next to my two bears skulls.

Sorry buddy, but this is like asking for the rack off of your first B&C whitetail buck, it just ain't happen'en.

I caught him in one of my fox sets on my trap line. He poked his head into a 220 conibear and got his neck broked. [8D] I reset the area and there are fox tracks that come into about 30 yards away, but they won't come anywhere near the sets, even with rotton caribou guts tempting them. I guess they know better than to follow into an area with wolverine scent.

There is a wolverine in the oilfields that has been seen killing caribou lately. So far he is up to 3 caribou. Workers have watched the wolverine run down the herd, and because the snow is deeper, the wolverine catches up, grabs onto their legs and tears the lower part of their legs up. When the caribou can't run any longer, the wolverine goes for their stomach and guts them. Quite the little monsters! I'd love to get some video of that!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ABM I would rather mess with a grizzly sow with cubs than one of those!!! I am wondering if you all can handle a southern boy up north again, I kept being drawn back down south when I came up last year, but I have to admit the company was excellent, even if I only saw Christene for a few minutes because she was at Daves neighbor house![8D]

Quick Reply: 4th Annual NE Get Together

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.