Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cougars in Southern NY State

Old 11-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cougars in Southern NY State

Moose, what bar do you work at? And no, i'm not gonna show up there to mock you or anything, but I spend a lot of time up there, and a good thirst often comes over me.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its obvious, he works at the MOOSE club
Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jpm8920

Moose, what bar do you work at? And no, i'm not gonna show up there to mock you or anything, but I spend a lot of time up there, and a good thirst often comes over me.
i own the halfway house tavern in ravena ny (near albany)

it's a cool place to hang out and talk hunting and fishing, especially this time of year. stop on by, 1st ones on me!
lots of cool taxidermy and mounts to check out here too, and usually some game fryin up in the kitchen.
-moose
Old 11-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

moose just a quick question If you live near Albany how can you be such an expert on wildlife in the southern tier of New york ( Allegany , Cattaragus Counties ) ?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnl

moose just a quick question If you live near Albany how can you be such an expert on wildlife in the southern tier of New york ( Allegany , Cattaragus Counties ) ?
my parole officer DOES let me out of the area, occasionally. that annoying "beep beep" of the ankle bracelet monitor does scare cougars away, though
Old 11-16-2004, 01:02 PM

Well here you guys go......for all that wanted a kitty picture, I got one.

Before saying ya or na....... I have to admit that I can not verify the actual location ......YET. Been in contact with NYS DEC officer and doing what I can to verify the authenticity of it as well as EXACT location. I want to see that pine tree that's in the photo.

Copies as well as the actual photo are available to view at Rogers Market or Carp Corner Bait shop on north st. in Endicott NY.

Personally that photo brings up way more questions to me than it answers? Nonetheless

I wonder if the buck even knows the cat is there, wish that tree wasn't in the way to view condition of buck to see if it's been attacked and if the cat was just pushing the dear to bleed out. Who knows what happened prior or after and how long it went on for.

Rumored to have been taken at night using one of those game tracker motion activated cameras.

Rumored to have been recently taken and developed this fall. The owner of the camera is a supposed archery hunter. Supposedly this photo was taken someplace in the area of Glenn Aubry(not sure of spelling) NY just north of Endicott on Route 26.

I use this photo loosely and emphasized as Rumored being I have not spoken to the owner of the camera that supposedly scored this photo. I'm working on that.

That area is only about 10 to 15 miles as the crow flies from my sightings.

Admittedly this is a full grown cat in the photo........in relation I would have to say my recent sighting was that of a less than year old cub/kitten.

You guys can argue all you want about if it was a pet let loose or not ........ that doesn't mean they aren't here.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is about the fourth time I have seen that pic posted on the net. Don't get me wrong, I believe the cats are here for I have been fortunate enough to have been party to a sighting in NW PA. Pertaining to this particular claim, I have two questions. How is the mule deer herd faring in New York State? Are they going to have a season soon?
Old 11-16-2004, 03:00 PM

If you've found it 4 times now then i suppose you wouldn't mind finding it again and posting the link please?

Enough hear say already. Plenty of people have asked for a photo and I got a copy of one posted.......discredit it if you want but prove it.

I have no idea if that's a mule dear or not.......never seen a mule dear and thought they were a lot bigger than that but anyhow........

I'm not saying photos can't be doctored, faked, or reprinted and claimed as someone else's. Especially with the photo/computer technology today. I've seen the actual supposed photo and it is just that..... a photo that someone here is claiming it as local.

If someone stole that photo from someplace, please proove it and post the link.

I've been all over the net as of late in regard to these cats in NY and have yet to see that photo posted anyplace on the net.

Proove me wrong and I'll gladly accept that ........ that's why i posted it here.

Looking for proof and answers, not conjecture and hear say.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:04 PM

I gotta agree, I've seen that picture at least twice in the last year. The reason I remember it is because the deer is partially hidden. I think it was somewhere on this forum and it got beat up pretty good then. But,,, I will tell you it is not a new picture.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

OmiGAWD...That picture has been all over the net for months... I have seen it at least four times, each time supposedly taken in a different location... An aquaintance recently sent it to me
and said that it had been taken by a freind of his near Cohocton, NY... This is an example of the unadulterated BULL**** that accompanies this subject and, unfortunately, makes things tougher for those individuals who are trying to establish whether there really is a population of cougars here in the northeast...

Quick Reply: Cougars in Southern NY State

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.