Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cougars in Southern NY State

Old 11-13-2004, 01:09 PM

Default RE: Cougars in Southern NY State

I heard from a very reliable drunk that the peta group were releasing yellow sasquaches
into the Adirondack mountains to help scare off hunters trying to kill defenceless wildlife. He Can't say for sure if it was true but he saw a picture that was taken buy john kerry while huntin the area.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:55 PM

Like I said on Nov. 9th. " I don't believe the DEC has released cougars" but we sure have enough of them here" how? well there are many theories, we shall just have to wait an see?
Old 11-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

ok I'll add a little more fuel to the fire after talking to a few people who know people that have seen and/or shot them I believe that they are here . I've also heard that the dec brought them in to reduce the coyote population
Old 11-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

[:'(]
Old 11-14-2004, 08:19 PM

Gee..... Moose1915 I am disapointed, just a little ugly green smiley? What does that mean? You don't believe there are cougars in NY? or how they got here? or how many we have?
Old 11-14-2004, 08:23 PM

Hey Johnl I would like to hear from the ones who have seen them, and there stories .......please visit my web site, make sure you read "Why we do It" and then go to the sighting page and fill in the blanks. The more information we share the closer we get to the truth.

www.Trackincats.com
Old 11-14-2004, 08:32 PM

Wow, (nyflyer) I can see you taking on (Moose1915) but PETA???
You will have no problem with a Cougar, after your experience with PETA!
All jokes aside this is a serious problem, guess you don't spend much time in the woods, just the magazines!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:07 PM

I have always wanted to ask this question..........Does any body know any body that has or had a Cougar as a pet???? I know alot of people and none of them keep Cougars for pets.

Just wondering........
Old 11-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

So any pictures of these cougars yet? Any found dead on the road? Any one shot one? I would if given the chance,let the chips fall where they might after that. Just think of the law suit you could have the DEC of NYS introduceing a dangerous animal with out any public knowledge. It would be a huge conspiracy.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougardaville

Gee..... Moose1915 I am disapointed, just a little ugly green smiley? What does that mean? You don't believe there are cougars in NY? or how they got here? or how many we have?
lol, it means that everytime i see this stuff ressurected i puke..........but, to each his own. last time i sounded off everyone got pissed at me so i just read the thread and get a good

BTW, (and i am not making this up) a customer came in my bar last night (no, she wasn't drunk ...YET) and told me she saw a 6 foot long dead leopard with , and i quote " a 3 foot tail" down on the flats by the thruway, apparently roadkill.
well, i just needed an excuse to get outta work, so i took a trash bag (the big ones, 60 gal!)
to collect the LEOPARD.
turns out i coulda used a sandwich bag, because the leopard was a very pretty 23LB BOBCAT, nice male, full fur that is going to be a handsome chest mount in my bar shortly.

i will,be sure to put a plaque under it that says " NYS Catskill mountain mini-leopard"
needless to say we all got a good laugh outta it.
soooooooooo, thats my stance on cougars in ny 99 % are coyotes, bobcats, houscats, and fishers or pine martens. the other 1% are loose pets.

flame away.
i can handle it.
Ps -- for a limited time i am selling my patented "cougar trap 3000" . its a dryer box, a forked stick, 30' of rope and a 55 lb can of tuna. it really works!
see ya
moose

Quick Reply: Cougars in Southern NY State

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.