Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Last week of the season till Sept.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Last week of the season till Sept.

This is it for zones 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,36,41,,49,50,&51.
Anyone going out to give it one last hoo-rah? Supposed to be some nice weather for tree sittin, in the teens -30's. Beats those single digits we've been having. I'll be sittin and a stalkin' in no 9. After this week its back to work and fishin. " Border line leven."
Old 02-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Last week of the season till Sept.

I've been bowhunting since Jan.3rd. Last week I finally was able to kill an adult doe. Seen them almost everytime out. Except for a few young deer, they kept their distance. I'll be out there this week also. Except for the first couple of weeks of November, this is my favorite time to bowhunt.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you finding that with all the harsh weather the deer are herded up to the point there all in one area. is stand hunting even worth considering? see any horns at all? thanks. i usually dont hunt too much late in the season because i m worried about shooting at a potential monster whos lost its horns.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

The deer are herded, but not to the point where they are all together. I seen singles all the way up to 13 at once. A guy I work with was hunting a few Saturdays ago with a bunch of guys from his club. They were making drives. One fella shot what he thought was a big doe which turned out to be a 204lb. dressed buck without headgear. Can you imagine? If you see a deer that looks like a sheet of plywood, common sense its not a doe! I don't know what he was thinking. They were hunting in Millstone, the one by Hillsborough.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

No buck sightings out of the tree for me. My wife and I have seen them within the last week while driving. Almost had a half rack run into the truck the other night.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:50 PM

I had gotten a doe on Thursday. She came out with 2 others. The largest of the 3 wouldn't come to close though. I think she had winded me a little. She basically just turned around and walked away. Hunted tonight thinking I could get them on videotape, but never saw them. It's going to be a long wait until September!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

We took a couple on Saturday. They were all over the place. Had 5 buttons 20 yds away. Let them pass to grow up. I took a small doe at 75 yds with my slug gun. Congrats MWX on the late season doe.

I'll give it one more go this Saturday...
Old 02-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Joe, its Tuesday afternoon. What do you mean saturday? Whats wrong with this afternoon? I know, your probably working. Can't beat todays weather for the middle of winter. What did you buy at Cabelas? MWX
Old 02-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

MWX, I would love to get out today. Man it is nice out! I donated about $200 in hamburg. The wife told me to behave.[:@]It was worth the trip to see the mounts...

Later...
Old 02-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

You have to believe that deer hunting all the way in FEB is not good for the deer herd. How many bucks w/o racks and buttons get whacked every year???

I wish they would put an end to this nonsense.

Bob

Quick Reply: Last week of the season till Sept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.