Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Illinois tag info

Old 02-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Illinois tag info

Lots of guys come to Illinois each fall to hunt our big deer. More of you will be able to enjoy the trip beginning this fall.

Legislation is pending to increase the tag quota from 12,843 to 15,000. Last year tags sold out in five days.

Combo tags(one buck and one doe)will go from $226 to $276. Extra doe tags will be available over the counter for just $25.

Good luck all!

LLBUX
Old 02-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Illinois tag info

Shouldn't this be in the mid-west forum?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

I posted it there too. Didn't know how many guys from the NE read the midwest forum.

Thought they'd appreciate the news.

Lots of guys are getting ready to make plans for the fall. Nice to be able to make an informed decision.

Good huntin'!

LLBUX
Old 02-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

LLBUX,
I am putting a down payment on a week's lease shortly and would appreciate it if you could outline exactly what a PA guy like me needs to do to assure that I get my tag OK.
This will be my first season hunting Illinois.
Thanks for any help
Old 02-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

The past three years hunters have had to call Bass Pro Shops in Missouri to buy their tags. It is a first-come basis. Last year tags sold out in five days whereas tags sold out in four weeks in previous years.

One guy can get the tags for all members of his group. They will be charged to a credit card. There has been a $13 fee per tag for handling/service.

You need to buy a combo tag at $276, a non-resident hunting license at about $50 for season-long or $28 for a five day license. A $6 habitat stamp is also required.

Your tags are send out via USPS. You should have them well in advance of the season. Make sure you read the instructions. Signatures are required in several places. Stop at a Walmart when you get to Illinois and pick up a copy of our game laws so you can remain legal.

Good luck all!

LLBUX
Old 02-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the heads up llbux! I'll still be on the horn the moment we can call in for licenses and will be hittin redial till I get em. All our club members will be doing the same. Cant bear the thought of not bein able to hunt your monsters in November!