Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey bowhunting legislation

Old 01-31-2004, 07:55 AM

Default New Jersey bowhunting legislation

This is a former bill that appears to have be re-introduced.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2004/Bills/S0500/53_I1.HTM

S53 Authorizes hunting of deer with bow and arrow on Sundays.

Economic Growth

Last Session Bill Number: S62

Kavanaugh, Walter J. as Primary Sponsor
Palaia, Joseph A. as Co-Sponsor

1/13/2004 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Economic Growth Committee

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/
Old 02-06-2004, 05:46 PM

Default RE: New Jersey bowhunting legislation

Lets just hope that it passes.But on the other hand,dont get to worked up,cause theres a 90% chance they are going to piss on our parade.If they arent going to make any money on passing this issue,then,chances are that it wont pass.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:00 AM
jbc

Don't just hope, pick up a phone and call your legislators. Call the bill sponsors. Call other hunters to do the same.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

im not too up on the legislative process. where does it go from here? if someone could stay on top of things and let others know who to call and such maybe we could try to get this long awaited sunday hunting bill passed once and for all!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:07 AM

if you want to be kept up to speed check out www.ubnj.com becoem a member to fight for your rights .i am a county rep ,camden, email me if you have any ?????? .it is very important to have as many members as possible ,we have around 2000 members out of 30k liscense sold in this state ,it is sad to see that low of a number ,i find it amazing how many guys when i ask @ sportsmans shows will bitch and moan about the new regs or earn a buck ,yet they dont get involved or they dont join a org like ubnj or the federation ,yet they shell out for buckmasters or north american hunters ,these orgs do do good things for disabled hunters and what not but they are not doing anything to fight for your rights in jersey ,if we had 30k members we could really have a voice @ the game councel and with the politicians of this state .the sunday hunting bill was brought back around for another shot ,the last time the bills sponsor had no _____ and did not show up for the bill when it was discussed he got hit by the antis and horse groups and did not push the bill ,we pushed to have it tabled so it would not be blown out completely to try and get another politician to back it as of yet we are having a hard time ,we need to call the politicians and governer ,and we need to have our voices heard the anitis are and that is why this bill is having ahard time to get it going . we also need the federation to get involved and back the bill ,they are reluctant as it doesnt include guns ,but it will open the door to all hunting we need to walk befor e we can run, the ubnj supported the bear hunt even though it wasnt a bow hunt and we knew it was in the best interest for all sportsman and we supported it .getr involved when ever and how ever you can be a voice that is heard .we need all the help we can get /
Old 02-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

it failed last time b/c of lack of interest.

UBNJ is also fighting to get a season long tag for turkeys with the bow. this way you would have all season for the chance to arrow one.