Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

many pics

Old 01-17-2004, 07:58 PM

Default many pics

does any one have any cam or hunting picsor any good stories
Old 01-18-2004, 06:52 AM

Default RE: many pics

Welcome, Eric. Do a search through the different threads and you'll find a bunch.
Good luck!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:39 PM

I aint got any pictures but i got a story.

It was this year on opeaning day and Im riding around with a buddy of mine looking for tracks to set up a place to still hunt. Well im not paying a bit of attition to whats up ahead, (I was having some coffee) when my buddy goes HOLY SUCHKS (or something to that affect) I look up and see three huge does prancing across the road. All at once I am setting my coffee down, grabing my gun, and bulltes trying to jump out the truck. When I finally get out I have the gun up lookin for them. All I see is the ears and eyes of one turning away in some brush. I decide to keep the gun up and walk towards it hoping for even a slightly decent shot. The deer noticed me and I swear to god that thing musta thought I was a pack of yotes or something cuse it flew.

Not getting a shot I kicked myself all the way back to the truck thinking I wont ever see another deer this year. So we park the truck up the road a little ways and walk back and try to do a little calling and hope they come back to see what I was. Well, it didnt happen. So we go riding around some more. Just heater hunting cuse neither of us got out to do any scouting this year.

Here is the best part. We having been riding around for a couple of hours since we saw the deer. Im thinking that we are just wasting our time. Well what else would happen but we are about a mile or so from whare we saw another three. These ones were a little smaller but im just lookin to shoot my first doe. I get out and they are standing about 200 yards away in a feild. I take my first shot at one and know i under shot. I run another 50 yards or so and it musta been this years fawn cuse it didnt move. I take my next shot. I swore to god I hit it. I get in the truck and my buddys just a laughing. I ask him what he thought was so funny. "You mised the damn thing" Im tellin him he is full of it. We wait about 10-15 minnutes and go looking for blood. (Im using a 7mm mag. with 150 grain's.) He says "if you hit it you will have no problem finding blood." We looked around and saw nothing.

I hunted the rest of the season and didnt see another deer.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in PA we call that road hunting .... I have no idea how or why u didnt see anymore deer , it does show me that u have alot of skill , i mean drinkin coffee and gettin in and out of the truck all season should help u find more deer. [:'(] ... might not be bad with most of you , but i just dont see what you even waste your time buyin a license if your jsut gonna cheat ....

I dont mean to harp on you , but i was jsut raised differently , taught that hunting wasnt always about the kill , but the time spent out in the woods, and to respect the animals and give them a fair chance...
Old 01-18-2004, 09:28 PM

all i saw was the same fawns every where i hunted and shot at a 4 point and missed over shot with blackpoder and a doe i missed with a bow. saw a huge 12 but to fare to shoot with the bow i will get it next year i hope.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:17 PM

DoubleLung, I have been hunting somewhare new. I would of gone and checked out the spot if I would of known I was going there. I went to my normal spot to look around before sun-up and seen more orange than on a construction site. I dont feel like taking the chance of being shot at. I did do alot of walking around looking for tracks. I should tell you I was hunting in eastren maine. Not a whole lot of deer on public property. If I would have been moose hunting I could of had two nice moose but I didnt have a permit.

Yes I do get out before the sun to stalk. I like to hunt in an area that there is not to many people, but sometimes you cant always be lucky.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:47 PM

I forgot to mention in my last post that the guy I was hunting with is an older gentalman who cant get around to well.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ANDY i wasnt tryin to harp , jsut mearly saying wut i thought of it , if that is what u HAVE to do , its understandable , but here in PA hunting areas r often the same , and i see ppl driving around logging roads alot , jsut im not one of them. but also if u r lucky enough to have access to private property i guess its a different story.