Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

BIG coyote

Old 01-31-2004, 01:36 AM

Default RE: BIG coyote

Looks like he's been EATING real good, on something, like maybe dog food.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose this coyote is fake too......

I'm calling "FAKE" on the top photo.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 AM

that looks like a grizzly old german shepard! whoever shot it ,it was probably the neighbors dog!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:19 AM

hey guys look at this one.

oh crap hes in my living room! wheres my gun?! kidding

this is my wifes huskey looks close enough

Old 01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well if its real or not its a good sized creature/thing. If there is yote that big around here, show me the way (with treestand only)
Old 01-31-2004, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that in the Adirondacks there are coy dogs. They used to run on the reseviour up by Redfield NY. I have seen them when snowmobiling. I know that they weren't dogs. And I know that they weren't coyotes. A friend of mine trapped one that was 85 lbs. He has been in the wilderness for more years that I have been born and knows that he trapped a coy dog. Another instance of man and nature crossing. We killed an overly large "coyote" like animal here in Idaho. It was about 75 lbs. and with two other definite coyotes. When looking at the face it was just like the one in the pic. If muledeer and whitetail can cross. Then why cant dogs and coyote cross? And before someone pipes in about what we killed being a wolf. I know for sure it wasn't.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:17 PM

What if its half wolf and half coyote, does that mean you only get half the fine!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

FYI - for what it's worth - the NY DEC and/or biologists have claimed there are no "coy-dogs" on the premise that dogs and yotes won't/can't interbreed. They say they are simply wild dogs - which is possible, just like there are ferrile cats.

With that said, I beleive there are coy-dogs - I have seen some "funny" looking dogs in the woods that I wouldn't say was a domestic or a yote.
However, nothing I can state as FACT.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:07 AM

The biological information I've been told is this; Coyotes move into an area as they did in PA a bunch of decades ago the 70's earlier or later. Since populations densities are low at that point and they are establishing themselves they will at that time breed with dogs. Hence, the term and perhaps animal: Coydog. Once the population establishes itself and survival of the local population is not an issue mixed breeding is no longer a benifit and in fact other canines become a threat to their survival so they will attack and kill a dog, rather than mate with it at that point. It seems rather quickly, for whatever biological mechanism is at work, the coyote population returns to a rather homogenious mixture that looks, oh I don't know, like a coyote, for lack of a better descriptions. I've seen them almost completly black with smoke colored underfur to a very light yellow, almost white color, but for the most part thier all the typical coyote color with some minor variations in markings. The biggest our dogs have brought to gun to date is 44 plus pounds. I'm not even going to comment on the picture that started this post as it represents everything that's bad about the internet. Gotta go Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa are waiting in the truck to go run dogs. Stopping at the Northeast Regional office to see where Gary Alt's dad stocked the biggest coyotes so we can shoot a big One. Juniorpc
Old 02-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys aren't running old yeller again are ya?

Quick Reply: BIG coyote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.