Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HARRISBURG SPORTSMEN SHOW WHO'S GOIN

Old 02-05-2004, 11:26 PM

Default RE: HARRISBURG SPORTSMEN SHOW WHO'S GOIN

Any one going to shoot the 3-d course? I'll be there on tue. to shoot the course with a few friends of mine and wed. to look for a couple future hunts. I'll be hanging out at Seven J's outfitter booth a bit on Wed. I've hunted with them the last ywo years and I'm already booked for 05. Great Wyo. whitetail archery hunt. Jerry
Old 02-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I probably wont go this year, it seems to get smaller every year, plus money is tight. Me and a buddy went last year and we really disappointed. I remember when you could barely see it all in one day, tons of hunting and fishing gear, now its alot smaller. Last time we went we ended up leaving early and going to Gander Mountain in Chambersburg and spending all our money there and found everything we wanted. Hopefully it will get better but dont see it happening.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:43 PM

My friend and I will be there Tuesday, gonna check out ASAT camo. If I don't spend any money there, there's always Cabelas on the way home.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was there on Saturday, I did shoot the 3D course.......shot OK considering I was shooting my 70# hunting bow. Still setting up my 3D rig.

They only take the single top qualifier from each day in each class and I missed out by 3 points......I shot a 310 which was #2 for the day. Got beat out by a 313.
But considering that it was shot by the IBO World champion from 2 seasons ago,I will take it. It was my first time shooting the Sports show, and only my 2nd shoot of the year.
But the flippin' turkeys got me.[:'(](5 total for the course)
They cost me qualifying for the $$ by shooting two 5's. (Not easy sticking that little scoring ring that you can't even see at 30 yards with about 500 people watching.[])

I didn't get to look around too much.....I'll pay more attention to things next weekend when I go back.
Mike definitely talk to Chuck Sr. at the ASAT booth. Real good down to earth guy.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:43 PM

Mike definitely talk to Chuck Sr. at the ASAT booth. Real good down to earth guy
I went to the ASAT booth and I was not impressed with their salesmanship. I tried on the leafy suit, the jacket size fit fine but the pants were too big, but they wouldn't switch sizes for me. I went so far as to whip the credit card but they said "no". So I said "no thanks".
Old 02-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike that's dissapointing to hear? But I guess that they didn't want to break up any of the suits they had on hand because it's more likely that someone will want the matching sizes.
Did they say that they could mix and match on an ordered suit?
I have had nothing but good experiences with Chuck and the ASAT guys, and haven't known or met them until recently.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:27 AM

Sorry Matt, but I didn't ask. I also didn't talk with the owners, just a young guy who was a salesman for them. I not 100% sold on their product either. While their pictures look good, do deer "see" like a camera lense?
Old 02-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

t-minus 2 days and counting
can't wait - I will be there bright and early Friday
Old 02-11-2004, 04:43 PM

I will be there bright and early friday to taking off school Cant wait
Old 02-13-2004, 06:40 AM

I was there twice this week. I shoot the 3-D on tues with a few friends and had a great time. Don't ask what I scored. 310 was a great score Matt. The only excuse I have is I'm still tweaking my Merlin. I know what you mean about the turkey's Matt. The lighting was bad anyhow but the turkey's seem to have a glear on them and hard to see the rings. My buddy had his swar. and he still had a hard time seeing. The course wasn't that hard I'm not use to shooting so many up hill targets. Something I'll work on this summer. The grows didn't seem to bother me any. I was suprised I could block them out. After shooting I only had a little time to wakl.

I went back on Wed. to meet some friends from Seven J's outfitters and book a hunt for 05. There seem to be some deals if you took the time to look and haggle. TheY would deal if you had money in your hand. LOL. I got some camo at a good price and 3-D select arrows for $80. Bowhunter Mag was giving away some good incentives for a sub. UBP has a new hat disign that was cool and I picked up some stuff from AEP. All and all it was a good show for me. The only thing I could find was a good price on a Cat Quiver. That's the last thing I need for next season. Jerry