Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HARRISBURG SPORTSMEN SHOW WHO'S GOIN

Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 PM

Default RE: HARRISBURG SPORTSMEN SHOW WHO'S GOIN

I'll be there this year with a couple of friends. Went the final weekend last year and had a blast. Took us about 3 hours to get there and about 8 to get home. We went on Saturday morning, and left that Sunday and hit a huge snow storm. Wasn't a fun ride home! Should be great this year. I talked to Matt Morrett from Primetime at a local show and he said that Hunter Specialties should be there this year. I may look into booking a hunt for next year.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:53 PM

Heading there on Monday. Got tired of fighting the weekends
Old 01-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am going to try to get down there this year. I can't take a day off during the week so I will probably be heading down early on a Sunday morning. I have not been there for several years but would like to take my son with me for the first time.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, you mean the Guide, Call and Billy Bob Bass Show? No thank you! No gun manufactuors,maybe one or two that handle any flyfishing stuff.Last time I went left with a headache from all the isles filled with endless call hawkers. Rather go to one of the smaller shows I find Harrisburg overated and with Cabellas no open ,no need to go to Harrisburg to compare optics (about the only real reason I ever went to H burg)
I'm going to SHOT SHOW this year and will go to smaller shows.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Amen! Ruddyduck,

I feel the show is VERY over-rated with no real deals unless you want to visit an outfitter and his trophies firsthand.
The crowds are unbearable, prices are high and to me Id much rather do my shopping with a shop I personally know.
However I am interested is hearing the BS that the game commission is selling on their reason for such a low deer harvest this year.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be there with bells on. That's if my wife lets me. We're having our first son and he is due on the 10th. I think I may be cutting it close
Old 01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruddy,Are you talkin about the shot show Kinsey's is havin?I'll be at that one again this year.I think they moved it to Hershey this year.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:37 AM

I'll be there with my hunting buddy RAM96 on monday the 9th, i'm gonna sacrifice a vacation day for this. But its well worth it. I haven't missed a show in probably 10+ years. Most years everything is the same, but every few years there are a few new very exciting products that gets everyone talking. And of course I spend way too much every year. But as I tell my wife do you want me to spend my money on hunting stuff or would you want me addicted to crack, not that I ever touched the stuff or ever will touch the stuff.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

i am hoping to make it there this year if i can get the time off
Old 01-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

I use to set up our store their.."Virginia Outdoorsman"
It is a BIGGER pleasure to be walking around enjoying the show & talking with outfitters rather than selling the crowds!
We will make the trip from New Hampshire...the key is stay about 1/2 hr away and the hotel prices are not bad.

Quick Reply: HARRISBURG SPORTSMEN SHOW WHO'S GOIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.