Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA. Hunter Harrassment LAws

Old 12-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA. Hunter Harrassment LAws

Saw this in the morning paper.Glad to see the PGC cracking down on this.

Honking Car Horn To Scare Deer From Hunters Illegal

POSTED: 5:00 p.m. EST December 7, 2003

GREENSBURG, Pa. -- A western Pennsylvania woman who honked at hunters because she was upset they were in a tree stand that had been her late grandson's will be cited for illegally scaring deer.

Norma Kramer, 77, of Export, Westmoreland County, will be cited for "creating an intentional interruption of the hunting process," according to a state police report.

Kramer said she drove her 1987 Oldsmobile across a field and stopped under a tree stand where a man and his wife were hunting.

Though they had permission to hunt on her relative's property in Salem Township, they didn't have permission to be in the tree stand, Kramer said. The stand had been her grandson's, who died in a hunting accident six years ago.

"I made up my mind that I was going to cause them all kinds of trouble," Kramer said.

But when she confronted them Monday morning, she said the woman yelled that she saw a deer and for her husband to shoot it.

"There was no deer. She just said that to get a reaction from me, and it worked," Kramer said. "I guess it's against the law to blow my horn and scare the deer. If I'd have known that, I wouldn't have done it. I just hate to see deer killed."

If convicted of the second-degree summary offense, Kramer could be fined up to $500.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:58 PM

Default RE: PA. Hunter Harrassment LAws

This came up in a search for hunter harrassment laws.

http://www.animal-law.org/huntharass/penn.html
Old 12-10-2003, 07:21 AM

Wow, I could get my wife arrested. She sometimes trys to scare the deer away when I hunting in my back woods. They may come through my neighbors yard and into our swamp. She says she will try and scare them with banging pots and pans. Also she has put out the dog which will bark and bark and scare off the deer.

Of course, if I did that she would hand me my head.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:26 PM

I could get my wife arrested
tomster if you did that i don't think she'd be your wife anymore and if she did forgive you it would be a lonnnnnnnnnnng time before you'd ever get any lovin again
Old 12-12-2003, 11:39 PM

this law should come into effect regaurding atv riding as well. i don't know how many times i've been sitting in the woods (where atv's are forbidden) and have a 4 wheeler come ripping up the logging trail right passed me scaring anything away that's with 200 yards of me!!!! that just burns my ash!!!