Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa guys....ready for December 1st?

Old 11-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa guys....ready for December 1st?

I got some new gear last nite, so I' m already for deer season. I' ll be hunting state game lands[X(] so hopefully i' ll come out in one piece
Old 11-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa guys....ready for December 1st?

I' ll be ready to go unless my wife goes into labor before then.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Spike

Hey pa hunter, im from lanacster to, ya im ready but im going to stay on private land,will not go on state land during rifle, good luck.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive been ready for months....i bought gear all summer...bought a pack for the first time....new boots...a car...lol..thats the best hunting tool ive ever bought! lol....got my dirvers liscense...first and best thing also...i cant wait....we are heading to my friends camp thanksgiving night or friday morning....last i heard was thanksgiving after dinner but i dont know for sure yet.....small game hunt friday and saturday...rest up sunday and before i know it ill be sitting upon my 8 foot high boulder waiting for the sun to come up and the forest to awaken....all i need to get is a few bags of jerky and some snacks for the long days....i have a felling im going to be hunting a bit longer then usual...that is...if i get to drive myself...dad says it depends on the weather...snow or ice i am not allowed to drive that far yet...this is my first winter so you know....and my car just wont cut it on them vertical dirt roads that are never plowed...but as of earlier today the weather looks like ill be driving.....i dont like the weahter but i can drive.....so it all works out i guess.....hot cold rain ice snow ill still be out...my dad only hunts till 9 or 10....he shoots whatever he wants to...he says he killed enough bucks...no he just wants meat...but said this year he might wait...we will see....but if i drive im waiting for a half decint buck...it will be hard passing deer for the first time...but when im tagging a nice buck it will all be worth it.....its crazy...one little 6pt changed my ways...before if it was brown and i had a tag for it i was shooting..but theres something almost magical about antlers to me....they drive me nuts now....thats all i want.....i might be eating my tags at the end of the season but youll have that....its hunting not shopping.....i too will be on state game lands......but we hunt about 2 miles back in....the lead dont fly that far! lol....most the guys tend to hunt off the gasline cut or off the road....i take the gasline back 3/4 of a mile then turn off down another cut but its smaller and i follow it forever...its worht the walk and drag.....i averaged the deer we see and its something like 6 deer an hour...but i moved from dad this year.....i moved down to where alot of our deer come through.....i hope it works....between us we have about 500yds covered....and we are set up so the guys moving on the trails and coming in off the road spook them our way.....worked good the last 2 years.....5 deer from the same stand in 3 time hunting id say its a good spot....we never wait for a good buck though....weve seen them there in the fall so i know they are htere......just gota wait.....cant kill a deer inside the camp....i plan to go in when its dark and not come out till its dark or im dragging...that is if i drive.....if im with dad i do what he does....we will see......good luck guys....be safe....ill post my story when i get home if i have one.....i hope too.......if tag a buck i plan to take the flintlock out for does if the weahter permits.....add a little fun to my hunting......good luck
Old 11-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not even close! Mentally yes, but my gear is all scattered about from archery season. Got to wash the orange and underclothes and stuff the Action Packers full of supplies. Gather radios, buy snacks, treat boots, make sure the .270 is sighted in,etc... ugh. Yeah.. I still got alot to do. Come monday, I' ll be ready though.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:38 PM

i cant wait. ive been out every day since bow season ended in places i cant hunt, but i know deer are there. man, i cant wiat.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:07 AM

Sit tight, put a big tree at your back, and, since your hunting state land like the majority of us, maybe you' ll see a deer. Good luck!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:19 AM

The PA guys are ready and so are the PA gals, and so is my .270 !!!
Heading for camp Friday morning and I don' t return to work until the 8th of December. Ye_HAW!!
The best time I spend with the family is in deer season.

Good luck to all and be safe!
Old 11-24-2003, 05:40 AM

Yep, Can' t wait. I put a new scope on my 30-06, sighted it in and it shoots great. I can' t wait with 1 week to FDD. The clothers are washed and scent free, with hemlock branches in the bags. I have washed everything from my hats and back pack to the new snow cover suit from Gander. I have my blind siting and waiting to be put up. Saw a few deer yesterday and hope they come back during the day.

LOL....

Old 11-24-2003, 10:26 AM

its supposed to rain openeing day

Quick Reply: Pa guys....ready for December 1st?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.