Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting Area' s!!

Old 11-22-2003, 03:34 PM

Default Hunting Area' s!!

MAN! I wished I had more area' s to hunt,I get tired of hunting the same place all the time,especially when you don' t see any deer. All i' ve seen is one doe opening day. I really can' t believe that we don' t see a lot of deer in this area. There' s deer trails like a thruway or main highways all over the place,not that they are used heavly now,but over the years. Theres lots of hardwoods,connifiers,cedars,plenty of water, We don' t own this peace of land so what can you to attract more deer to the area?Food plots is a no! no! Any advice would be welcomed Guys and Gals! Something to work on next year.Anyone else having these problems?
Old 11-22-2003, 03:47 PM

Default RE: Hunting Area' s!!

robmack57 one doe opening day that better than what I seen up in despoit n.y.
I could not believe that there were about 20 guys hunting this mountain and not one deer taken.
The opening morning there must of been a total of 8 shots all morning that was it .I had a chance at a small doe on wed. morning which I let pass
I think the heards are really not there anymore and n.y.s. should take a look in how to improve the deer heards
Old 11-22-2003, 04:00 PM

I understand that lonewolf,But its been like this in this area for the past 3or4 years. I always see more in bow season than i do in rifle season. I think Iam going to really start sharpining up my skills in archery next year becaause that!!! seems to be my luckest sightings.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Rob--we hunted Pine Bush at a buddy' s place which was about 1 mile off Exit 119. I was pumped for the opener only to get rained on and then fogged in by 12pm. We did take a huge spike (guys first deer!) and we pushed out a monster buck from a swamp but I only saw 7 does and that monster buck from about 150 yds away.

I saw loads of rubs/etc so there must be some deer around. As far as shots heard, I probably heard around 12-15 within a 1 mile or so.

My Dad tried going up there this morning but Route 17 was closed down?? He ended up turning around and coming back to NJ as he was meeting my buddy at Exit 119.

My Dad and brother hunted in Stamford and had a miserable time with the weather and lack of deer.

See ya,

Bob