Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Potential B&C Buck in PA!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Potential B&C Buck in PA!!!

My dad and his buddy just got back from archery and turkey hunting in Sullivan County and some interesting news to report. They saw two huge bucks. One is a ten pointer with about a 24" outside spread and 9" brow tines. The other tines are all about 10 inches and the rack sweeps out wide and forward. Mass is also supposed to be good. They saw it twice. One time it ran across the road in front of them and the other time it was running across a grass field. Others have also seen this buck. It is, by far, the biggest buck that any of the people have seen alive. The other buck was an 18" wide nine pointer. My dad' s buddy saw him while turkey hunting with the shotgun[:' (]. It sure would be interesting if someone from our camp got a deer like that. So far, the biggest buck from our camp is a 22" wide 8-pointer. It netted 120" .

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Potential B&C Buck in PA!!!

I' d love to see pics of a PA deer like that. I know they' re out there ... just not around me.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d love to get some pictures of that sucker, too. If he hits the salt lick in the back yard at night we might have a chance. If not, we' ll have to see if someone gets him during buck season. There' s a big difference between seeing a buck a couple of times and actually getting him during hunting season.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

We have some bucks like that around my house in the Allentown area, it is just finding a place to hunt. Permission to hunt is almost impossible in places where the big boys lurk.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya. I' m used to hunting upstate where there are thousands of acres of land to hunt. I tried to hunt in SE Penna this year and can' t find any good land.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge