Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA bucks goin CRAAAAAZZZYYY!!!!

Old 11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA bucks goin CRAAAAAZZZYYY!!!!

Tonight me , 2 buddies , my dad and bro took to the woods of western PA, and all of us saw bucks. I saw a small 4 that almost had his head up a does rear end, he was right on her. Also i could hear other deer running all around the thickets , calling back and forth but couldnt positivley put horns on them. My dad saw a bruiser and some doe, bro saw a spike and another bruiser, one friend saw a small six and some hunters looking for a wounded buck that he said in his opinion they were pushin, and my one buddy tagged out on a nice 8 pter. He hit his grunt tube upon release and drilled it right below the ear in the back of the neck somehow. put him down in his tracks. Cant wait to taste the jerky But how about the rest of u PA guys , with that eclipse how was ur night , IMO the rut is on HOT AND HEAVY here in my neck of the woods. I am kinda scared tho , only a few more hunts for me due to school and hockey , so its put up or shutup time.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA bucks goin CRAAAAAZZZYYY!!!!

You are correct on that one. I was out Friday afternoon and I was in my stand from 2:30 until around 4:30 and I saw 7 bucks. I had them chasing does all over the place, chasing them cutting them off circling them back around. Boy was it fun to see. I hunt in SE Pa and the temperature drop really got them goin. Unfortunatly I made a pretty poor shot on a nice 6 point buck that I am going to kick myself over all season. At about 25 yards, I hit a branch that I didn' t see and it deflected high and I hit him right below the spine, but horizontally pretty good. I searched for about 5 hours lookin for him, found blood and part of my broken off arrow, but no buck. Definitly a terrible feeling knowing he has about 7 inches of carbon arrow still in him. But this week should be pretty good as well. Temperatures should be cool at night. I would expect plenty of action
Old 11-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Saw four bucks and many does the past two days. Two non shooters within bow range. One shooter within bow range that busted me. A wallhanger that came in on me when I wasn' t in the stand. That' s how it goes. Spend 10 1/2 hours on stand and the half hour I am not actually in the stand the buck of my life comes strolling in.....
Old 11-09-2003, 02:59 PM

Yes, it is finally here
Old 11-10-2003, 06:27 AM

Dang I am doing something wrong, I didn' t see any deer at all friday, and said screw it saturday and didn' t even bother going out, pretty sure I burned myself out hunting ahrd too early. Will take to the woods 2 days this week and saturday, and that should end it for me.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I guess I am going to be somewhat of the exception to the rule. I saw two does and a small buck Saturday. None were close and the rest of the day was uneventful....though I did see a nice 6 pointer laying on the side of the road on my way to work this morning. Roadkills always seem to be on the increase during this time of year. Now if I could just see them when I am hunting...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:02 AM

I saw a nice 8-pt chasing 5 does around a sod farm on Sunday, Nov 9th, at 2:40 in the afternoon. He was about 16 inches wide and his G2s were about 7 inches long. The does kept an eye on me (sitting in my truck) while the buck paid no attention to me whatsoever. He ran from doe to doe with his nose to the ground.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Was out Sat in Jersey and saw 2 spikers chasing does but the wind kept a lot of the activity down. This morning I heard taht rt 17 was closed due to a " deer-car collision" so the buggers are certainly moving.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

PA bowhunter Where in the Lehigh Valley do you hunt?? I live between Quakertown and Allentown.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:22 AM

I was out all day thursday and didnt see anything.. The game lands I am on this year just dont have the deer it use too..[:' (]

Quick Reply: PA bucks goin CRAAAAAZZZYYY!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.