Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SE Penna Rifle areas

Old 10-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default SE Penna Rifle areas

Does anyone know the closest public land from the Philadelphia suburbs where the use of a rifle is allowed. I won' t be able to travel up to Sullivan County this year but I still want to hunt with my Weatherby. I was thinking maybe Lehigh or Carbon County. Maybe somewhere in Berks County. Thanks.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-29-2003, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: SE Penna Rifle areas

Yes Barnes there is 2400 acres right near my home. E-mail me. It is right off old exit 22 of turnpike .the morgantown exit. This is Southern Berks county I can show you at least the better spots. I was raised on a farm next to it. the gamelands get full,but the edges and small funnels have deer running to and escaping the hunters.
[email protected]
Old 10-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Cardeer. I' ll be in touch.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You email didn' t work for me. Here' s what it said:

Thanks for the reply. I am somewhat familiar with Morgantown. I used to have friends in Honeybrook and Strasburg. I also bought some furniture up at that big store out there. How far do you think the land is from the exit? My wife is pregnant (that' s why I' m not going to Sullivan County) and I need to be in a position to get home in a reasonable amount of time. I' m thinking an hour drive is doable. I' m about 10-15 minutes from the turnpike by where the east/west meets the northeast extension. I guess they say where 76 meets 476 now. I' ll take a look at a map when I get home and check it out. Thanks again.

Scott Meier
BarnesX.308
Old 10-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Scott,The land is as close as 3 miles at one spot and 6 miles at the other end to the pike and my home.
Sorry I missed a letter in the e-mail
[email protected]
Old 11-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Scott, I would stay outa the Lehigh County gamelands. The hunters will definitly outnumber the deer. They are like warzones.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:48 AM

Only the first day, then most lands are deserted, except on Saturdays.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the warning. I' m still holding out hope that I can get up to hunting camp. I' m also thinking about Carbon County because I have a bear tag. Decisions, decisions.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Scott,

If you want directions to some of those Lehigh County Gamelands then I will gladly provide them for you. Some sections are as was referenced above...loaded with hunters...though other sections receive little to no hunting pressure. All it would take is a short trip up 309. I am heading up to Pike County for the first day or two otherwise I would gladly meet up with you.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Scott, You might also want to look into hunting on the Blue Mountain in Northhampton county. It doesn' t seem to get as much hunting pressure as some of the other gamelands atleast so I have heard. My college roommate has been quite success the past 3 years in 3 bucks and always filling a doe tag as well. If you want directions let me know.

Kyle

Quick Reply: SE Penna Rifle areas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.