Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Scents, Calls or Rattles

Old 10-28-2003, 07:08 AM

Default Scents, Calls or Rattles

As we approach this last few days of October, what are you using? I put the rattles away and am thinking that tinks #69 scent bombs would be about right. Was thinking about trying the can. What are you using? Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Scents, Calls or Rattles

The Tinks 69 scent bombs are a must. I' m also dragging a scent wafer behind me on my walk in (I cut through a standing cornfield to get to my stand). I' m also planning on breaking out the rattlin' bag this weekend - just gonna tickle them a little. Haven' t used it yet. Of course I' ve only been out once so far this year and that was two weeks ago in the middle of October before the calls and scents are warranted.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve still be using just regular doe urine. The last 2 times I have gone out in the evenings I have tipped my Primos can a couple times before leaving the woods. Yesterday I noticed a fresh rub within feet of where I was located. I' m not sure if the can had any effect but it' s exciting nonetheless.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:28 AM

Yup its that time break out the estrus and the buck lure and the horns...
Old 10-29-2003, 05:35 AM
Spike

I' ve been calling in some small bucks with the rattling bags and the can It' s been working everytime i' ve seen bucks the last couple weeks. I called in two small bucks on Tuesday with them. I used to think years ago they were a gimmick, but done right they work.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:20 AM

I' ve never had any luck with urine based scents, but I' ve got some tarsal scent I' m going to test this season. My call always comes with me, and has brought me success in the past. Rattling I don' t do, since I hunt on public land and don' t want to attract the pumpkin army.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

It' s definitely that time to use the lures. I' ll be dragging the Tinks 69 in back of me with a few drops around my stand.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:16 PM

rattled today and called with the tru talker...nothing. it will get better next week and the following. guess what...i am off too
Old 11-01-2003, 10:43 PM

hi to all, last year i tried using deer insense sticks,(then next morning)where they had been placed -burning- had been torn up something ferice,i never saw it/them got to dark to be able to shoot any longer. but gonna try again this year and hopfully will have better luck.still have couple weeks to go though--long time waiting-ive also tried a grunt call just to get stood up by a buck laying on the other side of the knoll from me -what a bummer.