Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

zone 2 NJ

Old 10-26-2003, 07:34 AM

Default zone 2 NJ

I was hunting in zone 2 on thurs and sat. Thursday was very windy - still saw 26 does, two were piebalds. On saturday saw seven does, a 5 pt and a very nice 8pt all before 10 am. also found a scape that was made the night before. The next 2 weeks should be interesting.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: zone 2 NJ

I hunt ZOne 2 in Wantage right off Rt 565N. I' ve only been up there once (COL DAY) and saw 10/12 does/yearlings and a small spiker. I found a couple of small rubs but will be going there next week to see what has progressed. Bow is the best time to get a decent deer up there before the shotgunners take the place over in Dec--Jan.

Where are you hunting?
Old 10-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Spike

i hunt zone 2 in Wantage off Rt. 23. I went out with my girlfriends father. I saw about 8 does, two within 10 yards. Also a nice little 6. He saw a big 8 and a 4, and about 20 does. Doesn' t seem like the rut is starting yet.

Also hunt zone 8.

Good luck!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:05 PM

I hunt in Hardyston, off of Bunn Rd. I hope the weather is going to be good on sat. it should be an interesting day. Are you going on Sat?
Old 10-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Spike

This weather is just crazy. I was planning to head up to zone 2 today but that is doesn' t look like it now. If the rain stops by 11:30, I' ll be heading out to my zone 8 spot. Plus Saturday it gonna be like 70.[:@]

Broadhead any luck yesterday?
Old 10-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

I got up there around 2.15pm and sat until about 4.45pm. I had 4 does come in around 3.30pm and then another 4 around 4.15pm. No bucks and I didnt even see much sign. My dad had 2 small does at around 4.30pm.

NOONS: I drive down Bunn Road to get back into our club. I always wodnered how the hunting was back there as we always see always see deer.

Saw a black bear last year.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:47 PM

We hunt a small piece of land (about 30 acres) about 3/4 of the way down the road, on the left. If you see a green gmc pick-up in the field you know I' m in my stand. It is ok hunting - alot of does. The land behind us (300 acres) has all the deer, but the guy wont let anyone hunt it. Behind his property is the camp ground and that place has alot of deer as well.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 PM

Hey all, I hunt in zone 2 right on the border of zone 6 in Sparta near Glen Lake rd.
I usually just hunt the property during the gun season due to the fact there are so many bears. The woman whos property we hunt on said it not uncommon for her to see 6-10 diffrent bears a day.Am I being a sissy?Her property borders the Newark watershed property. I' ve seen as many as 30 deer at a time during the gun season.I hate not bow hunting it but the thought of being mauled by a bear is not all that appealing
Old 11-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ZINC, YOU DON' T HUNT THIS PROPERTY DURING THE BOW SEASON BECAUSE OF THE BEARS? I HUNT ZONE 4 I SEE BEARS EVERY TIME I HUNT AND I HUNT BY MYSELF MOST OF TIME DUE TO WORK, HUNT IT I KNOW THE AREA HAS GOOD BUCKS, I HAD A FARM RIGHT ON RT.15 WHERE THE CONSTUCTION IS BEING DONE NOW...
Old 11-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Was out w/my Dad and buddy this morning and basically froze our butts off! We all saw bucks but they totalled 4 spikes and a small forkhorn. We had a severe lack of birdhunters at our club so the deer just hunkered down with the cold wind and full moon. So far our club has only taken 2 does at the property in Wantage.

Anyone having luck up there?? Not seeing many decent racks.

Bob

Quick Reply: zone 2 NJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.