Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

Old 10-23-2003, 06:13 PM

Default Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

I see alot on the roads but not in the woods.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

I' ve been lucky this season. I' ve been seeing deer regularly though I haven' t harvested one yet. Had 2 nice doe about 8 yards away the other night but couldn' t draw my bow without being busted. They ended up leaving when a nice 4pt came by.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:28 AM

Last night was the first night I got skunked, didn;t see anything other than a squirrel and a chipmunk. Other than that, I am averaging about 9-12 a night.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve seen quite a few smashed up along the road. Up in Sullivan County I' m seeing quite a few does, a spike and two 8-pointers. The 8-pointers were seen after dark.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:49 AM

Shot a doe this morning with muzzeloader. 1st does I' ve seen all week though. Saw 2 bucks last Saturday, and that was it til today. But then, there are other hunters out today too. Carbon County. Didn' t see much in two weeks of bow, either. Also, early one morning while driving to hunting spot, I came upon two other bucks, a 4 pt and a 6 pt, getting ready to mix it up. Seeing some pre-rut activity, but no scrapes
Old 10-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' ve been seing a pile everywhere I' ve hunted....too many does and plenty of bucks....and some bruisers....unfortunately, no bruisers in range as of yet but I' m optimistic..
Old 10-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatly my work schedule for the past couple weeks hasn' t permitted me to get out much. I guess you can' t see too much when your not in the woods. [:' (] Lately i' ve been a weekend warrior and haven' t seen much the past 2 saturdays.

That' ll all change though next week when i actually work normal people hours!
Old 10-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Saw 3 non shooter bucks in eight outings. All 3 were in the same eve. Saw no other deer at all until my 9th time out. It was a small doe and I decided to take her with my in-line. Went out for buck with the bow 3 more times and havent seen any deer at all. That includes a full day (dark to dark) Saturday.
From what I see and hear from others, the Mighty Alts plan of getting rid of doe is proving to be evident earlier than I expected. Many hunters are claiming to have seen more buck than doe. I' ve been hunting the same areas for 33 years and this is the worst year I have seen.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:30 PM

Seeing more buck than doe is always nice, but not when you don' t see any deer. Is it only in PA that were having this problem, or is it everywhere on the east coast? I havn' t been able to hunt back home (college) , and i was thinking of taking next fall semester off so that I can hunt. I sure hope I have better luck than you guys are having this year.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Seam to be every wear Preston county WV last week and Jackson county Ohio over the weekend. The weather and the moon has them all screwed up I saw fresh big sign in OHIO but was all made at night Saturday @ 8:30 pm the temp was over 70. At home in WV last week we had snow on the ground one day but the wind was 30 mph +. This is the worst year as far as uncontrolable factors that I can rember, but that why they call it huntn' and not killn' . It has to get better, because it cant get much worse.

Shoot Stright

J

Quick Reply: Anyone else not seeing many deer in PA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.